Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
Bald Eagle pair

This pair of bald eagles reminds me of the vultures from an old cartoon.

p163076119-4.jpg

Actually, a large gust of wind blew by and they leaned forward for balance. Note how their tails are curled down like a woodpecker's to help hang on to the branch.

C&C always welcome.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
More point 'n shoot...

Another from my point 'n shoot experiment...

This is the cathedral in old Mazatlan, Mexico. While walking around the old town area after dinner last month, we headed into the cathedral, and there was a wedding going on. I only had the Lumix LZ8 budget digicam, so figured what the heck...may as well see what it will do. Not great, but actually usable if someone wanted to document their visit. I love the plastic chairs stacked up several places. This was well after dark, obviously handheld at 1/8 sec. The little image stabilization mode does help... a bit. Anyway, just thought it might be interesting for anyone thinking of a cheap camera to have in the pocket...

P1010155.JPG

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/8 sec
Aperture: 3.3
Focal Length: 5.2mm
Flash Used: No

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Great job with this one, love the silhouette of the trees edges against the glow and mountains.

This pair of bald eagles reminds me of the vultures from an old cartoon.

p163076119-4.jpg
Awesome pose, well done!
If I can make a suggestion, perhaps in photoshop blur parts of the image to mimic some low aperture depth of field? It would isolate the eagles and bring more attention to them. It would only need to be subtle. Just a thought. :)

One from a trip to Bryce a few years ago. I really want to go back.

DSC3141.jpg
That photo deserves more than a thumbnail, post it at full size to begin with :p, great photo, I can see why you'd want to go back.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
3249864388_b5b1a97a75_b.jpg

The Stars over Flagstaff, the first International Dark Sky City.
Three exposures, stitched in Photoshop.
Camera: Pentax K200D
Exposure: 550.9 (x3)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
That's a great shot, I'd love to try my hand at something similar one night... Nicely done! ;)

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
That photo deserves more than a thumbnail, post it at full size to begin with :p, great photo, I can see why you'd want to go back.

Thanks :) (it's clickable and the image in my gallery is too large to post to a forum and keep a clear conscience) That's not actually my favorite from the trip. Bryce is a morning place, so I froze my noogies off getting to the canyon rim before dawn and waiting for the sun to rise. Next time I'm bringing a thermos of coffee.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Today Kingston (in Canada) actually looked pretty nice. This is a view form my balcony at college:
kingstonww5.jpg

(a little post processing to boost the gorgeous colors):p

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
In the mountains of South Wales with all of the snow! C&C welcome:

Attachments

• Fingers_by_matt_booth.jpg
    Fingers_by_matt_booth.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.