Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
Another one from local winter adventures:

Attachments

• Gutter_Tree_by_matt_booth.jpg
    Gutter_Tree_by_matt_booth.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 135

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
pdxflint, I gotta say, you're made of sterner stuff than I, being able to leave her behind!
I'm obviously a dog person, but still, even just looking at this photo, I can appreciate you feeling that perhaps you shoulda' brought her back with you.
You shoulda'!!

By the way, it's fascinating seeing your results with these two p&s cameras. I've still got my crappy little 5yr old p&s, but my girlfriend has a D40 and even using it just the odd time, the difference in quality is obviously huge and so seeing stuff from more recent, higher quality p&s', is interesting.

Carl, the trouble is... I'm not made of sterner stuff, that's why I have 6 dogs thus far. But, I know what you're saying. The first time I looked at the several pictures of this pup upon returning home, I was filled with regret about not just grabbing her right then. She would make one hell of a friend for life. I'm going to contact them to see if she's adopted already, and if not... well, who knows.

On the point 'n shoot front - obviously they have their limitations, but they're fun, especially when I know I have a better camera in the wings. But, some of them do turn out better than I'd have hoped for. Some folks have picked up the Lumix LZ8 for under $90 US... I only wish it had a viewfinder like the Sony W120 (for steadiness.)

Anyway, thanks for commenting. I always appreciate it. -phil

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
More point 'n shoot...

More point 'n shoot action (Lumix LZ8.) This is sort of for Carl... :) Once again, my Mexican rescue (purebred Baja mutt...;)) G. Knight. I liked the play of light coming through the blinds. Used the macro setting, P mode. Minor PP in Picasa.

P1010652.JPG

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 5.9
Focal Length: 26mm
Flash Used: No

Capio-Lumen

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
New to this(Posting on Macrumors) but I love the photos on here

HDR in Central Park/Canon 5D

Attachments

• FountainHDR-1.jpg
    FountainHDR-1.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 96
  • CentralParkSteps-1.jpg
    CentralParkSteps-1.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 110

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Did a lot of p/p on this, it was a dull and colorless cloudy day... but the waves were nice! I tried to bring out as much natural color as possible in CS4.

F1.jpg

Panasonic L1
70-300mm

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

There's something still and peaceful about this shot. It breaks all the 'rules' of composition... but just works. I could see it being combined with a few words (verse or prose).

The reflected light to the left of the hands are a bit off-putting, to me at least; I wonder if they could be cloned out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.