Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
sorry, my pic didnt post last time. any suggestions please let me know...

2227061511_6d0222a05b_b.jpg

from flickr
Nice pic, perhaps straightening up the buildings would improve it. (sorry for the very quick fix?)

Attachments

• Mod.jpg
    Mod.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 143

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
At the risk of starting something again, I just want to put in my tuppence.... I'm fairly "old skool" and traditional. As such, in looking at images in the Photo of the Day thread, I tend to rapidly skip over HDR, anything clearly over-manipulated in Photoshop or some other program, and/or anything that doesn't remotely resemble a photograph. Just me....

I agree. Although I believe HDR can be extremly interesting (I actually plan on doing underwater HDR) I think overdone pictures should be kept in a separate thread.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
what about archiving these threads...

Now that we are at the end of another "picture of the day (of the month)" thread, I thought it would be great if there was a place we could easily go to find the archives. Perhaps a new forum topic within the "archives," just for these accumulating threads, so it would be very easy to find whatever month you would like to go back to. I hope I'm making sense...!?? :)

Anyway, it seems much more useful if this were the case, since the threads are being stored anyway, but I think now they just fade away in our consciousness.
Yeah, I know it's possible to search, but unless you know they exist you won't ever find the old threads, and there are some darn <:)> fine photos in these archives...

What do you think, administrators? :cool:

FastEddy

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2007
North Californie
Mr. G4 = new to The County:

The Apple Outlets: Sonoma State Book Store and downtown Santa Rosa.

Best Pacific Coast Photo Ops: north of Bodega Bay.

Best place to take in a movie: downtown Petaluma.

Best Sushi: Rohnert Park, over by the Red Lyon Inn, west side of the golf course ... forgot the name, but ask and everyone there will point you in the right direction.

Best Tunes: KRSH 95.9 FM and Tall Toad Music in Petaluma.

.... :p

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2007
On a cold day, sunlight bounces off the steam rising from a mountain stream near my retreat in the woods. More of a "snap" than anything, taken with my trusty Canon a95 point 'n shoot.

img_0004.JPG

Model: Canon PowerShot A95
Exposure: 1/40 sec
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 19.3mm

wow great photo

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
wow great photo

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad this thread still has some life... :)

Which brings me back to the idea of archiving these Picture of The Day threads for each month. Mods, or admins... would it be something you might consider, listing these threads by month in the archive section, perhaps in a topic called "archived Pic of the Month threads?" It would make finding them, and browsing them so much easier. What do you say?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
pdxflint - I think a sticky here in this forum will work. If you want to make a thread, I'll stick it. Just report the post when it's done. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.