Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
imgp20871nc1.jpg

f6.7 - 450mm (eqv) - 1/90 sec - ISO 400

Managed to find a small gap in the tress, leaves and vines to get a clear view.

Amazing last 2 shots Steamie!

1451176-large.jpg

Northwestern Texas, Lightning Storm.
Great capture, was that a long exposure or continuous short ones?

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Ok time for me to jump back into the stream! This is a shot from a large format camera with a Leaf Aptus II 17 digital back ($$$$$). My first pretty good shot with it. Let me know what you think, I'm just going to post the link because it is a HUGE picture. We're talking, the RAW file is 30MB! :eek:

Linky!

That's some serious resolution. I'm going to guess by your inclusion of all those dollar signs that you don't actually own the Aptus 17. How did you get your hands one one?

imgp20871at8.jpg

Nice shot of the lizard. I like the way his head is framed by the bit of sky (?) showing through.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Its not digital but...
I started a film, b&w photography course at my school not so long ago and have done a few shoots.

Heres a couple
btw I'm working at a grade A :)

I'm hoping to get a digital cam soon.

Attachments

• Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Untitled-20.jpg
    Untitled-20.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 127

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
More point 'n shoot...

Another from the pns unofficial project... this shot taken Dec. 24, 2008 in Camas, Washington (in the Portland, OR metro area) a couple of days after I arrived back from sunny Mexico. Used the Sony DSC-W120 point 'n shoot from the front window. My red Focus was buried overnight... and I still had to drive to the coast that evening to be home for Christmas. I made it! :)

DSC00167.JPG

Camera: SONY
Model: DSC-W120
ISO: 125
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 7.1
Focal Length: 5.4mm

johnnytraveler

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2009
Poughkeepsie NY
Februrary 1

Killing time waiting for the Super Bowl. Couldn't decide if I wanted to center him or not. Might have been a better balance/composition to do so, but this is one off-balanced cat, and this pic suits his personality, I guess.

455938338_52Zcf-XL.jpg

Sigur

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2008

I'm not quite satisfied with this shot. It's kinda dark but when I make it brighter it doesn't have the nice atmosphere.

Amazing last 2 shots Steamie!

Great capture, was that a long exposure or continuous short ones?

Thanks, it was a Long exposure although some are not very long at all. It just depends how long it takes for a lighting strike to pass through your frame. I usually use either my Mamiya 6 or Mamiya 7 for Lighting since they are rangefinders. I can look through the viewfinder while the film is exposing and that lets you see exactly when lighting has gone through your frame. So you basically just set your shutter to bulb, keep the shutter pressed down until you see a nice strike of lighting going through your frame and once you get it you stop exposing and move onto the next frame. Rangefinders are perfect for that sort of thing. This was actually shot with my Mamiya 7 and I just cropped it into a square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.