Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

md2427

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2008
Manchester UK
Sparrows in my garden

Nikon D80 80-400VR Shutter 1/500 App f/5.6 @ 400mm.

No processing just cropped!
C&C welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_0172.JPG
    DSC_0172.JPG
    622.1 KB · Views: 150

FastEddy

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2007
North Californie
Is this the car you're thinking of? I believe this car is owned by Pete Giddings, the former weatherman for KGO TV here in SF.

_DSC8905.jpg

No! ... The car is an enclosed Alfa, built to Ferrari's specs, for a race in Europe ... I'll scare up a pic and some details. [The Alfa didn't win much, and I believe that that is the reason Ferrari decided to build his own ...]

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
pdxflint, your photo of G.Knight is my favourite from this thread for many, many months. Such a wonderful, lovely, and touching capture.
I remember a picture that Freebooter posted, of two young girls looking into the camera, that I just sat and looked at, for, as they say, the longest time!

This affects me in a similar manner. It's really beautiful.

Wow! Thanks Carl! :) I'm sure she would be pleased you liked her picture. I hesitate to post too many dog shots, since I have so many different ones and they're all readily available subjects, but every now and then.... ;)

Thanks again. -phil

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Point 'n shoot self-portrait

More fooling around with cheap point 'n shoot digicams. One of these days I'll get creative... ;)

P1010670.JPG

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 160
Exposure: 1/30 sec
Aperture: 3.3
Focal Length: 5.2mm

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
Oh this is awesome! I love love love it! well done!!!!!

Thanks nuwomb. It's another from my post-radio interview collection. We were in his hotel room and I just had a couple of minutes to get something. Shooting him against the window seemed like the best option. After pushing the faders around a little in Adobe Camera Raw it came out just how I wanted it.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Nice shot. Reminds me of this one which I saw when I visited the exhibition yesterday.
Thanks! That guy used a macro lens, and I use my kit lens! :p The kit lens is actually fairly impressive for up-close stuff (to my untrained eye though), even though it's known as a total suck-fest. I'm talking about the non-IS kit lens here! :eek:

Steamie, great shot! I too at first thought it was TheReef posting, and that says a lot about your photo. I also love the rocks and the light glinting off of it. Nicely done.

md2427

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2008
Manchester UK
Keeping watch

My friends puppy looking out the window.....

D80 18-135mm lens f/4.2 1/80 ISO 400

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.