Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Shot this earlier tonight...

beta36.jpg

cool and creative!

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
Here is the image with color correction (to my taste) only. Edit - I notice that upon export some artifacting has been added. Try it with your original image and see if you notice a difference.

Very cool, thank you. I'll play around with the RAW file.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
This is very cool! Aside from the vignetting, what PP was done for this?

Well, it's a series of very small adjustments. Before any pp, in-camera matters a lot. Lit the scene with four strobes, except I only had three lights so the the interior window was lit in a later shot. A fog machine was used under the porch above a strobe to diffuse the light coming out of the hole. A warmtone umbrella was used camera-left, while a 20 degree grid spot was used camera right, pointing directly at subject's face.

Post consisted of blending black and white into color, using shadow-highlight to pull micro contrast out, and then color tinting. Overall coolness, then warming the hands. Subtle hints of contrasting red and green show up. I did a dancing game going from lower right to upper left, keeping the colors contrasted while editing.

Here's a comparison...

beta36-2.jpg

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006

We experienced a light ice storm here in Arkansas yesterday. This is a pic I shot this morning in the herb garden.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC

We just got our first, and hopefully only, snow of the season. I've just started reading the strobist blog and was excited to try out a bit of what I learned (namely mixing flash and ambient). I wanted to light up the falling snow but keep it sharp and I'm pretty happy with the results.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
funkymemhall.jpg

New to the whole night time scene. May retake this with some HDR so that the wall and inside aren't super over exposed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.