Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe King

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Great Photo.

I think that cloning out the house in the background will make it look better, should be easy to do as the background is mainly green anyway.

Just a though.

Nstocks
Thanks!

I'm pleased with the composition but not with the lighting (a big bank of cloud came along at just the wrong time). I think this location could look really good taken at early morning on a frosty winter's day so I have plans to return and hopefully really nail it once the opportunity arises. You might be right about cloning out the houses - thanks for the advice!

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
We have a ping pong table in our office. =o)

EDIT: Man, this looked so much better before i uploaded it to myspace. Maybe it will look better on my flickr. i will try that tonight.

Edit 2: Ok switched to flickr, looking much better! Click for larger.

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Yeah, out of all the things that men can do, the one thing that most men cannot do is to get his picture taken properly...

Anyway love your recent baby shots. Love the composition and the B&W toning. I also like the even color. Is these shots taken in natural light? and are these your clients or you doing it for fun? Just wondering :cool:

Clients. One must feed the addiction somehow....

Thanks for the positive feedback :D

Edit: Realized I didn't quite answer your natural light question. No. No natural lighting was used in any of the baby shots.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Got a new telephoto today from FedEx, but it's raining and the birds are all tucked away. Trying it hand held out in the back yard....:p

_2022378.jpg

E-3 + Sigma 135-400mm /4.5-5.6
f/5.6
ISO 400
1/60 sec
800mm equivalent

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Got a new telephoto today from FedEx, but it's raining and the birds are all tucked away. Trying it hand held out in the back yard....:p

_2022378.jpg

E-3 + Sigma 135-400mm /4.5-5.6
f/5.6
ISO 400
1/60 sec
800mm equivalent

What?! FedEx is doling out zoom lenses??!

Fun pic:D This is the state all of my golf balls ended up in...wet.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
EDIT: Man, this looked so much better before i uploaded it to myspace. Maybe it will look better on my flickr. i will try that tonight.
Yes myspace will murder a jpeg for sure... I don't know what kind of uploading and compression engine they use but it has jagged razor blades in it lol!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

This looks seen... rather than created (go on... tell me I'm wrong... and it's all been done in Photoshop ;)).

Rays of sunlight coming through a small aperture in a dark sky will naturally create contrast and saturation... and that green really 'sings. Anyone who looks out of the window and just sees a "grey sky" should take a look at all the wonderful shades of grey in this pic.

Very hot and hazy in UK right now; we're waiting for a big storm to clear the air.

'Still life' with labrador. The house dates back to the early 1600s...

lab.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Thanks, jessica. It's hard to go wrong with such picturesque locations, but I do wish these gorges I've been shooting received more light.

Here's one from a different gorge, Tolminska Korita:

TolminGorgeCascade2.jpg

Did you submit one of your gorge pictures to interfacelift?

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
This looks seen... rather than created (go on... tell me I'm wrong... and it's all been done in Photoshop ;)).

Rays of sunlight coming through a small aperture in a dark sky will naturally create contrast and saturation... and that green really 'sings. Anyone who looks out of the window and just sees a "grey sky" should take a look at all the wonderful shades of grey in this pic.

Thanks. You are correct, this image is as captured with an ND grad to maintain the sky. We have been having the worst weather in Southern Ontario, but the skies have provided great light for photography when it's not raining. With all the dark rolling clouds, I can start shooting in the early afternoon and just have to wait for a break in the clouds.

This is so incredibly sharp and well exposed. Can I ask what lens you are using?

Scalfani

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2007
Pikes Peak

On top of Pikes Peak. Colorado Springs, CO. Elevation is 14,000 feet, so I was actually looking at clouds head on. I am new at this, I hope you like it.

Attachments

• Pikes Peak.jpg
    Pikes Peak.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 132

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Hello!

I'm looking into doing some hobby photography, have all the right equipment, software and hopefully the gumption.. Still very much learning though... C&C is very much appreciated. I'm shooting with a Canon XTi DSLR Rebel EOS, with a nifty fifty. Here's my first shot, some blur and contrast changes with CS4.

Attachments

• BeckyBlacksm.jpg
    BeckyBlacksm.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 142

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Hello!

I'm looking into doing some hobby photography, have all the right equipment, software and hopefully the gumption.. Still very much learning though... C&C is very much appreciated. I'm shooting with a Canon XTi DSLR Rebel EOS, with a nifty fifty. Here's my first shot, some blur and contrast changes with CS4.

The figure definitely has some potential: de-emphasizing the hair and highlighting the eyes with illumination. You may have gone a tad dark on the hair, even for my moody, brooding taste in lighting. The setting needs work: a light shade growing out of her head and distracting, unnecessary clutter on the left side of the image should be something that is easy to resolve. I would try a backlight to add some depth and separate the figure from the dark area behind her head.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.