Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
3687381283_e03240546b_b.jpg

This little guy allowed me to get really close before he flew away.
Took it this early morning.
Click it!!! Go to my Flickr page to see the it in full size.

Great shot! Gotta love the big, blue eyes. :p

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Sonar - that photo is amazing! I want to be able to get portraits like that. well done and inspiring.

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
How are you getting such rich colorings?

Using curves+masking in photoshop really helps for processing, I've found.
Not sure If you seen Chromasia's photoblog - but the guy does amazing work and he has tutorials that are worth their it. They helped me learn a lot with lots of little things in processing.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Nice patience for this shot. Great color and interesting angle.
Thanks. This shot actually became very problematic. I was stopped down to f/22 (screw diffraction, I needed the depth of field) and focused at or near minimum focusing distance, and the sun was highlighting dust on the filter, making it very visible in other photos. The combination of f/22, minimum focusing distance, and dust being highlighted meant that a ton of dust showed up in almost all of my photos, save for this one. Glad I took so many! :eek:

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Still experimenting with HDR...

@Maxx: Thanks, that means a lot coming from someone whose work i hold in high regards. I am going to be a photographer, i dont care what it takes. So far i have been reading, shooting, reading, processing, and did i mention reading. Hopefully things go as planned an in the fall i will start at the university and speed up my progressions...

Anywho, i am/was bored today just playing with my camera, and Photomatix. I really like how bright this turned out, seeing as how i shot it on my bathroom counter.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England

Nice shot. It was also a nice bike he had. I was there at Chinnor Bike Dayz and when you took the shot was about 10 feet to the right of you. I saw you take the shot but didn't know it was someone whose work I have seen on here before. In fact you can even see my bike in the shot. Mine is the blue one you can just see the front of on the far right of the pic level with his waist.

Wish I had known it was you, I'd have said hello.

It is a great pic though.

Edit: Have also just seen your website and see you are located in the same town as me. What a small world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.