Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Great shot! Gotta love the big, blue eyes. :p

Hey thanks!! Yes, I love the colour of the eyes. One of my favorite photos that I took for sure.
Here is another I took two nights ago.

3687337359_9a08bf70e6_b.jpg

Clickable!

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
Sonar - that photo is amazing! I want to be able to get portraits like that. well done and inspiring.

Thanks nuwomb. It's nice to think I can inspire someone once in a while.

Can you do no wrong in photography??!!! Yet another great shot from you! Such attitude. Love it.

It's true. I am infallible. Thanks.

Actually I take all manner of dreadful photos, but I try not to display too many of them on public forums.

Nice shot. It was also a nice bike he had. I was there at Chinnor Bike Dayz and when you took the shot was about 10 feet to the right of you. I saw you take the shot but didn't know it was someone whose work I have seen on here before. In fact you can even see my bike in the shot. Mine is the blue one you can just see the front of on the far right of the pic level with his waist.

Wish I had known it was you, I'd have said hello.

It is a great pic though.

Edit: Have also just seen your website and see you are located in the same town as me. What a small world.

How extraordinary! If only I'd realised. I must get a t-shirt saying "I am Sonor...from the Mac Rumors forums". I'm struggling to pick out your bike from that shot. I'll look at a few others to see if I can work out which one it is.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
My furball.
attachment.php

(that is what I call him actually. The other one is clawball)

Don't say the 75-300 mm can't take good pictures

Attachments

• Furball - 74.jpg
    Furball - 74.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 779

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
Orchid. Not finished editing yet, need cropping and possibly lift the dark tones ?

Attachments

• _G105696.jpg
    _G105696.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
This is so beautiful. I cannot put my finger on exactly what makes this so great: the beautiful glow of her skin, the fact she is kind of bored but still watching the festivities or the setting steeped in patriotism. I cannot express how awesome this photo is.

attachment.php
Orchid. Not finished editing yet, need cropping and possibly lift the dark tones ?
A suggestion: the photoshop looks really staged and unconvincing. Perhaps you could try the same shot and place a real drop of water on the petal with an eye dropper. THat way it will look like it is really sitting in the space and will depict truer colors.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
A suggestion: the photoshop looks really staged and unconvincing. Perhaps you could try the same shot and place a real drop of water on the petal with an eye dropper. THat way it will look like it is really sitting in the space and will depict truer colors.

It is a real water drop :confused:

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
It is a real water drop :confused:

My apologies if this is a real shot, but the shape of the lower left edge of the drop, the steps in the overlapping leaf, no shadow or reflection of the leaf, and the fact that none of the color from the petal it sits on is refracted or reflected suggests otherwise.
dropsample.jpg

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
My apologies if this is a real shot, but the shape of the lower left edge of the drop, the steps in the overlapping leaf, no shadow or reflection of the leaf, and the fact that none of the color from the petal it sits on is refracted or reflected suggests otherwise.
dropsample.jpg

I see, it was probably the angle I shot it at... and the flash would have eliminated the shadow ?

Here's the Original, and the water drop was right on the end of the petal...

Any other tips for the re-shoot, is the background O.K, I didn't want a cluttered one and I think white makes the colors ' pop '

Attachments

• _G105696.jpg
    _G105696.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 121

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
the 70-200 f/4 L? i just ordered that lens and i can't wait for it to come in the mail!!!!!

what settings did u have it on for that shot?

Yes, same lens. I stopped the lens down to f/4.5 and used Bulb mode. This one was a seven second exposure. ISO 100.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.