Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
An Australasian Swamphen in hunting mode.

_MG_3915-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Found this little fella in the garden the other day. A shieldbug.

He was kind enough to wait whilst I went and got my camera.

_DSC4031 by apple fanboy1, on Flickr
[doublepost=1497510415][/doublepost]
I took a similar image yesterday on my lunchtime walk at work. But only had my iPhone so didn't look that nice!
Like you I'm a man of leisure for the rest of the week

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Best way to overcome frustration is grab your camera and head out somewhere, anywhere.
Off to the NEC shortly. Taking 105mm macro for plants, but if I'm feeling brace maybe I'll shoot some people!

That of course requires a certain amount of get up and go.

I think you can guess the rest.

Away this weekend with my wife to the Borders for my puppy to show at a Championship Show.

No lens yet for any 'In the ring shots' but the odd portrait may occur - with luck.

A long journey for our 'Nemo' but we do have couple of nights booked for B&B; with luck a good nights sleep for all.

Couple of primes on my list 50mm f2 & 90mm f2.8..

That will be my lot as even they are going to break the bank if I am not careful. Maybe secondhand will get the cost down. Whether or not I should have gone with the 18-135 mm instead of two primes and a WA zoom is of course now mute. Oh well; too late. I am sure the 27 mm will be a joy on the T2 without the vertical grip as a street/show camera - we will see.

Regards. Sharkey

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016

Away this weekend with my wife to the Borders for my puppy to show at a Championship Show.

No lens yet for any 'In the ring shots' but the odd portrait may occur - with luck.

A long journey for our 'Nemo' but we do have couple of nights booked for B&B; with luck a good nights sleep for all.

That will be my lot as even they are going to break the bank if I am not careful. Maybe secondhand will get the cost down. Whether or not I should have gone with the 18-135 mm instead of two primes and a WA zoom is of course now mute. Oh well; too late. I am sure the 27 mm will be a joy on the T2 without the vertical grip as a street/show camera - we will see.

Regards. Sharkey

The best thing about digital photography is that there is no risk. Just shoot! Once you have your gear and software (which you presumably already have), the only extra cost is your time, and as a hobby, who cares how much time you "lose/waste/devote/etc." Just go shoot. :)

Reactions: kenoh

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I always think that the ornamental grasses are a late summer thing, but here mine are, already blooming (if that's the right word). Those little spikey things stick all over me when I go out to weed! But awfully pretty as a closeup.

View attachment 704153
The stick to me as well but I've probably got hairier legs!
[doublepost=1497542891][/doublepost]

Regards. Sharkey
Enjoy the show. I'll imagine there is plenty to shoot outside the ring.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
The best thing about digital photography is that there is no risk. Just shoot! Once you have your gear and software (which you presumably already have), the only extra cost is your time, and as a hobby, who cares how much time you "lose/waste/devote/etc." Just go shoot. :)

Appreciate the sentiment.

Will not go into my point of view further.

I have all the time I could imagine having.

The only limitation, as you point out is my attitude.

Ahh well; it is good to see you all out and about. You never know I may just take the odd picky before popping off.

Sorry; inappropriate.

I'll post a pic. or two next week. Maybe.

Regards. Sharkey

ps: thank you Mollyc for the kind comment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.