Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
294a98b5aac0512029d8491f26a48c1f.jpg

you can't see me!
Rare steak? Yum!

Reactions: oblomow and kenoh

Suspended
May 28, 2017
nope, I did not paint it, the staff in the "botanical garden" it resides has though.
I presume they did so they can spot it in the greenery when necessary as it is a big park and it roams freely

Gotcha. Interesting.

BTW, I went through your other pictures on Flickr ... I love the pics of the abandoned house/hut on the hill, with the sky in the background. Where ?

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I recently learned what these pink colored formations are. Applesnail egg pods. I see them a lot near water and they’re just out there in the open, not protected.

I thought they were some kind of fungus or something.

This example is about three inches long and was attached to a cypress tree root.

Nothing seems to eats the eggs. There are birds that eat the snails though.

P5121047-XL.jpg

keyrex

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
U.K.
On Golden Pond.
Just some ripples in the water, i'm not sure what the green bit is in the bottom left corner, maybe some weed, or maybe my sensor has had it?! I like the reflective glow from the light on the river bed, looks like there could be gold in there...~~~
ripples.jpg

Comments always appreciated.

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
Cheating with a diptych since I didn't have a chance to post. Don't kick me out. I've seen diptychs here before!! :rolleyes:

We've had a lot of rain recently, but the upshot is blooming hydrangeas! Days 154 (Rainy day reflections) & 155 (Looks like summer; feels like spring).

FB_June_03_2018_001 copy.jpg

[doublepost=1528141433][/doublepost]
I knew what I was after but the angles don't quite work right, evan after a bit of playing with perspective correction(s). I think the railing in front is not in alignment with the pier entrance. It is what it is...Comments always appreciated.

Pier 14 by another scotsman, on Flickr

I like this a lot, with the framing. How do you do your perspective fixing? If you have the latest version of PSCC there are some new tools there, and if not, I usually have pretty good luck in LR, especially if you use their guided transformations (I think the new PS is built from the LR tool).

Often I will skew manually in PS; I duplicate the layer, then drag some guides down and use the transform tool and hold down command (on a Mac, so probably ctrl on a PC) and straighten things that way. I took this into LR and use the guided tranformation and then rotated it slightly horizontal axis to straighten it. If you did this on the original photo you'd lose less before cropping.

27335188117_ccf88f3a74_b copy.jpg

Last edited:

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Cheating with a diptych since I didn't have a chance to post. Don't kick me out. I've seen diptychs here before!! :rolleyes:

We've had a lot of rain recently, but the upshot is blooming hydrangeas! Days 154 (Rainy day reflections) & 155 (Looks like summer; feels like spring).

View attachment 764428
[doublepost=1528141433][/doublepost]

I like this a lot, with the framing. How do you do your perspective fixing? If you have the latest version of PSCC there are some new tools there, and if not, I usually have pretty good luck in LR, especially if you use their guided transformations (I think the new PS is built from the LR tool).

Often I will skew manually in PS; I duplicate the layer, then drag some guides down and use the transform tool and hold down command (on a Mac, so probably ctrl on a PC) and straighten things that way. I took this into LR and use the guided tranformation and then rotated it slightly horizontal axis to straighten it. If you did this on the original photo you'd lose less before cropping.

View attachment 764437
Cheers Molly - a better job at straightening than mine but I think I should have stood a little more to the right when taking the shot. The potential for framing is what attracted me as I walked past but I guess I should have taken more time over it. Dinner could have waited another 5-minutes!

Reactions: mollyc

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
More from the CBD yesterday, when the city was shrouded in thick fog, not a normal occurrence around these parts. It played havoc at the airport until early afternoon, when it finally lifted. And it had to happen on the one day I go into the city without my camera!

IMG_2230.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.