Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Gondolas in the early dawn light

Venice Tour_025_2018_05_02_4000_ME.jpg

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2017
156/365 | First coreopsis (taken with a lensbaby)

View attachment 764767

Which Lensbaby did you use? The Sweet 50? I just got the twist and love it! Though it is meant for full frames, I use it on my Canon 80D and I still get some of the twist- not all.

This is a repost of a shot I took last year but I’m using it as a shameless plug for a book that it appears in for charity.

The Leica User Forum runs a competition every few years where forum members make a donation and submit pictures to be judged by a panel for inclusion in a book that is sold for the charity Worldwide Cancer Research - https://www.worldwidecancerresearch.org

I was lucky enough to be chosen for inclusion this year with the pic below and was also in the top twenty, which means a large print version will be displayed in the Manchester Leica store gallery space in due course.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the book for this fantastic charity then there a couple of versions available here http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/8758572-leica-user-forum-book-2018 (and a 12x12 Version to be added imminently). I appreciate they aren’t cheap but if you like the piccies, have some spare cash and want to support the charity then have at it. £10 from every book purchased goes to the charity and the forum has raised over £25k since starting this in 2010.

40426527314_b42483211e_h.jpg

Congratulations and great photo!

Slowly opening.... Shot with Lensbaby Sweet 50 and macro attachment.

_MG_9299-XL.jpg

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
Which Lensbaby did you use? The Sweet 50? I just got the twist and love it! Though it is meant for full frames, I use it on my Canon 80D and I still get some of the twist- not all.

Congratulations and great photo!

Slowly opening.... Shot with Lensbaby Sweet 50 and macro attachment.

_MG_9299-XL.jpg

I used the Edge 80 (also for today’s photo). I have a sweet 35 as well but I find swapping the optic nerve wracking so I haven’t used the 35 since I got the 80. I should try again.

Reactions: kgphotos

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Milky Way rising over Shark Fins in Moab Utah. Nikon D850 with Nikon 14-24. 6-segment pano assembled with Hugin, each segment is a stack of 4 images processed with Starry Landscape Stacker. Final edit in Luminar 2018.

View attachment 764952
That's amazing. Really nice work.
[doublepost=1528304513][/doublepost]
This is a repost of a shot I took last year but I’m using it as a shameless plug for a book that it appears in for charity.

The Leica User Forum runs a competition every few years where forum members make a donation and submit pictures to be judged by a panel for inclusion in a book that is sold for the charity Worldwide Cancer Research - https://www.worldwidecancerresearch.org

I was lucky enough to be chosen for inclusion this year with the pic below and was also in the top twenty, which means a large print version will be displayed in the Manchester Leica store gallery space in due course.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the book for this fantastic charity then there a couple of versions available here http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/8758572-leica-user-forum-book-2018 (and a 12x12 Version to be added imminently). I appreciate they aren’t cheap but if you like the piccies, have some spare cash and want to support the charity then have at it. £10 from every book purchased goes to the charity and the forum has raised over £25k since starting this in 2010.

Congrats. I loved this image when you posted it before. I'm sure it will get snapped up.
[doublepost=1528304550][/doublepost]
One little treasure along the river bank.

P5121051-XL.jpg
Nice find.
[doublepost=1528304593][/doublepost]
157/365 | That summer feeling

View attachment 764985
Beautiful lighting (as usual).
[doublepost=1528304743][/doublepost]
Nice job.
[doublepost=1528304802][/doublepost]
I used the Edge 80 (also for today’s photo). I have a sweet 35 as well but I find swapping the optic nerve wracking so I haven’t used the 35 since I got the 80. I should try again.
That's pretty spectacular. Nice work.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Milky Way rising over Shark Fins in Moab Utah. Nikon D850 with Nikon 14-24. 6-segment pano assembled with Hugin, each segment is a stack of 4 images processed with Starry Landscape Stacker. Final edit in Luminar 2018.
View attachment 764952

This is a brilliant image vpoms...well done!

Congratulations on the much deserved acknowledgement of this really great photo MacRy. I would imagine it looks great in a publication and even better framed and on a wall.

~ Peter

Reactions: MacRy

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
That's terrible! Lots of your work should be printed. I'm sure Mrs MacRy would like a few around the house.

Thanks AFB that’s nice of you to say. The closest we’ve got is an annual Vistaprint calendar that I do every year and gets hung in the kitchen.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Thanks AFB that’s nice of you to say. The closest we’ve got is an annual Vistaprint calendar that I do every year and gets hung in the kitchen.
Well I suggest you change that! Quality photos should be printed and hung.
I have a few of mine around. But I'm about to get a canvas done as Mrs AFB likes one of my driftwood shots.

Reactions: MacRy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.