Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
1st 35mm SLR camera - purchased new.

Asahiflex_PICT4463.jpg

Still looks and works great too. :)
More shots here.

Ridge08

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
3364572908_a0ebe8b48e_o.jpg

Click for a bigger version.

This is a car I found during a trip to Kobe, Japan, last weekend. It changes color in the sun. Lightroom experiment in desaturating and slightly softening the background.

Tell me what you think!

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
International Space Station and Shuttle Discovery

I haven't posted to the thread for awhile, mostly because I haven't been out shooting much. But I took my camera out last night to try and photograph the International Space Station. C&C always welcome.

3370153093_601a2e0650_b.jpg

Flickr

joe.cavers

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
I haven't posted to the thread for awhile, mostly because I haven't been out shooting much. But I took my camera out last night to try and photograph the International Space Station. C&C always welcome.

How are people doing these amazing star light-trail shots? They look amazing!

JC

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
How are people doing these amazing star light-trail shots? They look amazing!

JC

I don't know how other people are doing Star Trails, but I use a technique called stacking. I set my camera up to take pictures continuously until I say stop. The picture above was about 200 images taken at f/3.5 ISO 200 on a Canon XSi. I then use Photoshop to process all the Raw files and stack them into one image.

John

Edit: Doylem, I really like your last image. Did you use a tripod or is it handheld?

joe.cavers

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
I don't know how other people are doing Star Trails, but I use a technique called stacking. I set my camera up to take pictures continuously until I say stop. The picture above was about 200 images taken at f/3.5 ISO 200 on a Canon XSi. I then use Photoshop to process all the Raw files and stack them into one image.

John?

Thanks very much, was very curious :)

JC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.