Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Already, this smart, new development of expensive shops, restaurants and apartments seems to belong to a more affluent age. I wonder who can still afford to live here? :eek:

clarencedock1.jpg

Quad SLi 295

macrumors member
Because driving someone else's car sideways is so much more fun: (pulled from a video feed)
GT4_Sideways.jpg

Hiking the Shark's fin at Gulmarg, Kashmir. (Crappy Panasonic Digital)
WalkingtheSharksFin.jpg

Getting ready for the ride of your life, Shark's Fin Gulmarg, Kashmir. (Same Crappy Panasonic Digital)
Atop_the_Sharks_Fin.jpg

Cheers
Jimmy

platypus63

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
Zanzibar Land
I love that HDR, just makes everything pop without being cartoony (though those can be fun sometimes). Did you make that from multiple exposures or one raw?

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Brighter days are coming...

IMG36732_resized.png

Canon Rebel XT
ISO 100
f/7.1
1/400

Great shot, Phrasikleia. Seems like you're putting that new macro lens to work :)

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
Pair of Raptors - Sort of

While out shooting a pair of Osprey today, a Raptor of a different sort flew by.

p14242433-4.jpg

This is actually a composite of two pictures from today, quickly put together in CS4. It's my first time using it and I couldn't figure out how to make it look exactly the way I wanted it to, but it was just for fun anyways. :D

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen

Phrasikleia, may I know what lens you did that photo with?

You're shooting with a Canon (450D), ain't you?

And could you give me maybe the aperture, iso and shutter speed.

I'm trying to reproduce such macros (since I went from an analogue SLR and miss them dearly) with my digital SLR.

Ah, here a picture for the day.

I found it while walking home from work in the morning.

3380827344_06b9aca863_o.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
While out shooting a pair of Osprey today, a Raptor of a different sort flew by.

p14242433-4.jpg

This is actually a composite of two pictures from today, quickly put together in CS4. It's my first time using it and I couldn't figure out how to make it look exactly the way I wanted it to, but it was just for fun anyways. :D

I thought you'd really nailed the decisive moment. Then I noticed that the osprey is lit from underneath, while the plane is top-lit. But, as you say, a fun shot... :)

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Finals are rolling in and I figured I'd share my final project with you guys. The final for this class was to create 5 strong images working with all the elements of photography we learned (or in my case, reminded lol) I chose to go towards my concentration, Fashion/Commercial photography and shot these as advertisements for the Lego company. I hope you enjoy them, and C&C is most definitely appreciated! :)

A New Frontier

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Finals are rolling in and I figured I'd share my final project with you guys. The final for this class was to create 5 strong images working with all the elements of photography we learned (or in my case, reminded lol) I chose to go towards my concentration, Fashion/Commercial photography and shot these as advertisements for the Lego company. I hope you enjoy them, and C&C is most definitely appreciated! :)

A New Frontier

C & C... Well, if the bottom line is to encourage people to spend $$ on Lego bricks, then I don't see this shot fitting the bill. I can see the germ of an idea, but the execution... well, it looks like you just dropped the little fellow into the plant and fired away. What's that in the background? An abandoned tyre?? :confused:

Sorry to sound negative but, hey, it's only one guy's opinion...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.