Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
C & C... Well, if the bottom line is to encourage people to spend $$ on Lego bricks, then I don't see this shot fitting the bill. I can see the germ of an idea, but the execution... well, it looks like you just dropped the little fellow into the plant and fired away. What's that in the background? An abandoned tyre?? :confused:

Sorry to sound negative but, hey, it's only one guy's opinion...

No no I value your opinion, thats why this is the first image in the series haha It's more of an idea along the lines of "Create Your Own Adventures" I think they get better as the series moves along, but it's one a day ;-) Oh in the back is a light or something haha :p

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
Sunday morning in the park.....

...Nice and stormy, wet and windy, took my daughter to the park (Dad's have all the best idea's :rolleyes:) So i thought i'd bang a few HDR shots out.

Attachments

• 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
IMG36732_resized.png

Canon Rebel XT
ISO 100
f/7.1
1/400

Great shot, Phrasikleia. Seems like you're putting that new macro lens to work :)

Thanks, LittleCanonKid. Yeah, this is definitely the time of year to have some fun with a macro lens.

I really like your diminutive skyline. The shot seems to emphasize the ephemerality of civilization. It's tough to pull off this kind of balance, but you've done it. I think it might be even more dramatic in B&W, maybe with a red filter. Or maybe in color but with more saturation. Something tells me the drama could be brought up a notch. Anyway, I like it!

Phrasikleia, may I know what lens you did that photo with?

You're shooting with a Canon (450D), ain't you?

And could you give me maybe the aperture, iso and shutter speed.

I'm trying to reproduce such macros (since I went from an analogue SLR and miss them dearly) with my digital SLR.

Sure spinnerlys, the lens is the Canon 60mm f/2.8 macro USM. Yes, I'm shooting with a 450D. Here are the settings for that shot:

60mm
f/4.5
1/200s
-0.3ev
ISO 200

I probably also used a CPL filter, since it gives me more control over how the raindrops look.

What exactly are you having trouble reproducing with digital? I wouldn't expect macro photography to be much different between film and digital.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
^ Thanks for the reply, Phrasikleia.
I don't really know what I'm having trouble with.

Maybe when I took pictures with my analogue SLR I didn't quite think much about the technical aspects, and got good to great results out of them.
Maybe it has also something to do with the fact, that it took me sometimes months to develop them, and forgot about how I made them and was happy that they were good.

Now with digital I can see the image immediately. But I can also take more pictures of the same motif. And I think more about the technicalities.

What hindered me also was that I had no macro rings or a proper lens. Now I've got the Sigma 17-70 Macro lens and can experiment more with it.

I just like macros and was interested how yours was made. Now I have to just find some nature in this bloody town.

Also congrats on your tilt-shifty image of that Croatian (if i remember correctly) town. I was in Veli Losinj 22 years ago and this image made me realize how much I want to go back there.

So, to not fall into gibberish here the picture for today.

Somethings just lay around.

3383092546_33aab1d484_o.jpg

geekindisguise

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Oklahoma
My Best Work

My photography isn't anywhere near any of yours, but its worth a shot.

Attachments

• $REXCXM3.jpg
    $REXCXM3.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 95
  • OrangeFlower_SMALL.jpg
    OrangeFlower_SMALL.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 85
  • Zoey_BW_SMALL.jpg
    Zoey_BW_SMALL.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 3-2-09_SDark-Small.jpg
    3-2-09_SDark-Small.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 77

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
I officially hate ... no ok ... can you adopt me? I do chores willingly with a smile and I'm not really lazy. I also have an awesome coffee pot and I'll make you coffee on demand. ;)

Please.

Well I could adopt, but my youngest daughter and her partner just moved back home;) Also we normally get about 13 feet of rain a year here.:(
This was the view this morning. The second one was taken tonight after walking the dog... I have got to get quicker with the camera. Just a couple of humpbacks.:)

Sorry about posting two images, and the quality of the second whale shot was not very clear, but it is just the low light, and unsteady hands...

Attachments

• 20090324_0070.jpg
    20090324_0070.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20090324_0164.jpg
    20090324_0164.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 81

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Great shot, this out on Farmers Loop in Fairbanks? Love the "traditional" team;)

It was over at Chena Lakes three weeks ago or so. These are sort of sprint dogs, unlike the ones used on the Yukon Quest and Iditarod.

This lady had some fast dogs, too. But she was skying pretty fast without the dog's help:
IMG_2179.jpg

alvse

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
I simply love this. Can you please share more the EXIF, the lens you used and any PP that you might have done.

Thanks

Camera: Sony DSLR-A700
Exposure: 5
Aperture: f/16.0
Focal Length: 30 mm
Exposure: -0.92
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

Lens was a Sigma 30mm f1.4 with a ND4 and ND8 filter attached.

Was Post Processed in Adobe Lightroom. Can't remember off the top of my head what exactly I did with it. But was really pleased how it turned out. :)

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Day 2, picture 2. This one I really went for the creating an adventure. I just stuck his pick in between the rocks and used a fill flash to get rid of the shadows. Let me know what you think!

The Climb

f/20
1/200th
39mm
ISO 400
-2EV

joe.cavers

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
Day 2, picture 2. This one I really went for the creating an adventure. I just stuck his pick in between the rocks and used a fill flash to get rid of the shadows. Let me know what you think!

The Climb

f/20
1/200th
39mm
ISO 400
-2EV

Awesome!

JC

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
f/20
1/200th
39mm
ISO 400
-2EV

I think you should have used a bit wider aperture, the background is a bit too busy for my taste. And the rock a bit too bright.
Also, to make it look more like an adventure, you could have set up the guy so that his feet would be touching the rock and he would seem like he's climbing, not hanging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.