Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayrezzy

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
heres ours
IMG_82641.jpg

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver

Turquoise Bay, Roatan, Honduras
Nikon D80 + 18-70 kit
Exposure: Shutter Priority (accidental...)
Shutter Speed: 1/500
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 27mm
Flash: Off
ISO: 100

DJAznSensation

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
i just got my Nikon d40 a couple days ago and I've been just loving this thing! Of course i'm learning how to use all the bells & whistle but here are some of my first shots that I really like!

3386129371_58f1310bc1_b.jpg

-and-

3386943850_d786e6d384_b.jpg

Unii

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Finally had time to play with my new 1000d, so I took it out into the yard to have a little play. Not as good as any of Phrasikleia's flower shots, but hey, this is new to me :D.

IMG_0491.jpg

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Killing time till the pubs open...

pubsteps.jpg

I Like your new style. The colors pop, and the image offers a slice of life in your neck of the woods. I found the Route 66 memorabilia interesting, as I live on the 'real' Route 66, and the advertising familiar in a foreign way.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I Like your new style. The colors pop, and the image offers a slice of life in your neck of the woods. I found the Route 66 memorabilia interesting, as I live on the 'real' Route 66, and the advertising familiar in a foreign way.

Thank you. Not sure the style has changed: it's still about putting the camera on a tripod and hanging around so long that people start to come up to me and ask me what the hell I'm doing...

In a small market town in England, the whole idea of America still sounds exotic. Route 66 resonates strongly in a way that, say, the M65 obviously doesn't. :)

You obviously take as much care with light as I do... except you create it while I just watch it... :)

I think this attention to detail really pays off, and I like 'patina' on these well-worn boots. And you've got a good, deep black (as we used in say, in the days of film, when doing a b/w print)...

The lighting obviously interests you in itself. Do you want to share a few of your working methods?

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
C&C always welcome.

499656594_6dFfp-XL.jpg

I really like that Doylem reposted the timg of this or I wouldn't have been able to appreciated it as much as it deserves. The smaller image let me know I need to back up. I wonder how many great shots I don't appreciated because i'm looking at them up close on the computer screen. This is a wonderful example, in gallary you don't walk around with your nose to the prints, you stand back and take them all in. This shot deserves that, really great texture and lighting and lines.

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Tmg

H2Ocky--

Thanks for the kind comments! Being new to posting my images this way, I've never even considered your well thought out point. The difference (I think) is astonishing! I've re-sized the original image and will be taking this into consideration in my future posts.

Thanks!

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
photoblog21.jpg

nikon d40, 30mm

we were at a pub on thursday. they had a lot of watchmen coasters lying around and i had a black pen in my bag.
so we decided to alter the slogan in a different manner on every single coaster.
the one visible now says (approx. translation): genuine egg, viral addiction.

oh, and it was very dark there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.