Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
cobblers.jpg

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
I think you should have used a bit wider aperture, the background is a bit too busy for my taste.
His flash sync speed was probably limited to 1/200. Stopping down the ISO would give a wider aperture, though. Using a Speedlite with high-speed sync is quite handy outdoors, I must say... everyone likes their fill-flash! :)

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
pdxflint & platypus63 - Thanks for the comments I appreciate the feedback.

platy, it was done with multiple exposures and merged in photomatix

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
His flash sync speed was probably limited to 1/200. Stopping down the ISO would give a wider aperture, though. Using a Speedlite with high-speed sync is quite handy outdoors, I must say... everyone likes their fill-flash! :)

Yeah exactly, stupid camera lol I'm on a quest to get the 430EX II lol but don't have it yet... :p

frazzm737

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
College Fjord, Alaska

This is a photo I took on a cruise to Alaska last summer. The weather had been overcast all day, but as we were having dinner this scene appeared. There was a lot of wasted baked Alaska as we all dashed to the decks for photos.

Attachments

• Harvard.jpg
    Harvard.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 120

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

This might be the best HDR shot I've ever seen. The light streaming down over the sign forbidding lights could only be foregrounded to this extent with an HDR treatment, so I think it's a brilliant use of it. And the aperture-shaped flares just make it that much better (more disobedient lights!). Super shot!

This is a photo I took on a cruise to Alaska last summer. The weather had been overcast all day, but as we were having dinner this scene appeared. There was a lot of wasted baked Alaska as we all dashed to the decks for photos.

Gorgeous! This shot shows off what a point-and-shoot camera can do in the right situation.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
grizzlybrice, awesome concept :cool:

nuwomb, amazing, one of your best HDR shots and definitely one of my top fav HDR shots.

Here is one of my basketball shots:

I call this: To the Final Extend

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
It was over at Chena Lakes three weeks ago or so. These are sort of sprint dogs, unlike the ones used on the Yukon Quest and Iditarod.

This lady had some fast dogs, too. But she was skying pretty fast without the dog's help:
IMG_2179.jpg

Again nice shots, I remember rooting for a college buddy on one of those 30k ski races to Chena Hot Springs back in the late 80's early 90's. Brings back memories. He had a great chocolate lab named Jane... I miss Fairbanks sometimes, but not the winter of 88-89!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.