Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK

dan_me001.jpg

My 7 year old son Daniel took this!

It's me with the D200...Daniel's using a Canon Powershot S50 (5MP compact)

I did the b&w treatment​

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
5-pack

Not really good light, not really sharp shot, but it's tough trying to capture 5 running dogs with a slow lens... still, it shows the joy of being let out of the cabin on a gray morning. All are rescued Mexi-mutts...

img_D50_0122.JPG

Nikon D50
Lens: 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 18mm
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
1/160 sec - F/3.5
Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 1600

noemoore

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
Santa Ana, CA
dsc00638.jpg

Camera: SONY
Model: DSLR-A300
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 180mm

Attachments

• DSC00638.jpg
    DSC00638.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00729.jpg
    DSC00729.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 112
  • _DSC0836.JPG
    _DSC0836.JPG
    450.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00796.JPG
    DSC00796.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 102

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008

I almost commented the first time I saw this but didn't. Just now I clicked on the thread title rather than the last page and passed by it again. I had to just stare for a while and take it in. I'm loving this shot. I really like the way the rocks guide my eye to the wave and a nice long diagonal up and left. Also the way the clouds mimic the wave in form/texture/shape is stunning.

Wonderful black and whites so far this month, i need to get out and take some. Haven't take a photo for ME in over a month now, and haven't sat a the computer for photography reasons for maybe the same amount of time.:(

Another bird from the Taronga zoo

_DSC3291.jpg

I really like this shot and i'm not sure why. If I try and study it all i can come up with is criticism. It could be color and the isolation of the subject is great, but there is something more that is intangible that draws me in.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
I really like this shot and i'm not sure why. If I try and study it all i can come up with is criticism. It could be color and the isolation of the subject is great, but there is something more that is intangible that draws me in.

Aussie birds wearing a cheesed-off expression are particularly photogenic?

This was taken inside an aviary where the quarters were pretty close, the light was somewhat dim, and there was a lot of activity going on between the birds and the people. I took a bunch of photos in there but was only satisfied with 2 of them. I haven't posted the other one on this site. The lorikeet I posted earlier was probably an unofficial resident of the zoo and was being chased by a very curious red panda around the panda's enclosure. He didn't seem to be too happy about it.

jeffmode

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2009
Seattle
Trees

simple trees, but beautiful to me...

trees.jpg

Camera: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: 60mm Macro
Aperture: F/3.5
Shutter: 1/100 s
ISO 200

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Roses are red...

Its been awhile since I take flower photos and I still have trouble moving awkwardly.

Here is my photo of the day, comment and criticism appreciated.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
simple trees, but beautiful to me...

trees.jpg

Camera: Canon Rebel XS
Lens: 60mm Macro
Aperture: F/3.5
Shutter: 1/100 s
ISO 200
Wonderful shot. My only suggestion would be to shoot it with a smaller aperture (bring a tripod?) to get the frontmost tree in focus. Unless you were aiming to have the farther trees in focus exclusively, then I'm just saying what I would have done. It's a keeper either way. :) Also, you're one of the few I've seen with the 60mm macro. How is it?

Its been awhile since I take flower photos and I still have trouble moving awkwardly.

Here is my photo of the day, comment and criticism appreciated.
At least moving awkwardly hasn't stopped you from churning out beautiful pictures! :) I like the moody color of the bokeh (would it be appropriate to call it bokeh in this case?) and the overall color scheme. Very atmospheric.

jeffmode

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2009
Seattle
Wonderful shot. My only suggestion would be to shoot it with a smaller aperture (bring a tripod?) to get the frontmost tree in focus. Unless you were aiming to have the farther trees in focus exclusively, then I'm just saying what I would have done. It's a keeper either way. :) Also, you're one of the few I've seen with the 60mm macro. How is it?

Thanks for the comment - I would have brought a tripod, but they are not allowed in the Garden where I was (Seattle Japanese Garden). As for the 60mm, I love it. I had the 100mm, but the 60 is much better for hand held shots...and makes a good portrait lens.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
At least moving awkwardly hasn't stopped you from churning out beautiful pictures! I like the moody color of the bokeh (would it be appropriate to call it bokeh in this case?) and the overall color scheme. Very atmospheric.
Thanks, really appreciate it :D, hmm....its kinda interesting how dramatic the bokeh effect is reduced at aperture 3.2 -> 4 and above.

Thanks for the comment - I would have brought a tripod, but they are not allowed in the Garden where I was (Seattle Japanese Garden). As for the 60mm, I love it. I had the 100mm, but the 60 is much better for hand held shots...and makes a good portrait lens.
What? No tripods allowed? What harm could a tripod do to the garden? :rolleyes:

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
The last snows of Winter?

helmcrag.jpg

This I really like Mr D, gorgeous light and view again. Not sure if it will be the last snow yet, up here we have some forecast for today and tomorrow .. fingers crossed :D

I took this shot yesterday despite the dreadful weather, had to give up though due to the sea spray being so bad and the fact I slipped on the rocks and landed on my back :eek:

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.5
Aperture: f/18.0
Focal Length: 26 mm
ISO Speed: 100

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Hang 6

I've been lovin' your shots this month STEAMIE! I hope your back is okay. I heard someone say that photography is one of the most dangerous careers....

We had some Dog Sled Races a couple weeks ago. We went to watch, but got caught up in helping hold the dogs in the 'chute' before the race. Fun! The guy pictured competed in the Alaskan Iditerod a few years ago. My favorite is all the pink tongues hanging out all over....

3303909014_4de0375957_b.jpg

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Another bird from the Taronga zoo - this was a pelican who was sitting on a log with a few of his mates as part of the Southern oceans exhibit.

_DSC3217.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.