Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
OverYonder.jpg

macrumormonger

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Carrer de Pau, Valencia, Spain
3649945806_10ed27ec54_b.jpg

Camera: Canon PowerShot G10
Exposure: 0.077 sec (1/13)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 6.1 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire
No tripod.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Not sure how I feel about this one but here it is ... I went back later in the day to catch better light and it was cruddy.
DSC_3773_web.jpg

maddagascar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
What lights did you use to make that? Or was it stationary lgihts and you moved the camera around?

IMG_3901.jpg

i used a walmart LED car light..its about 18 inches and changes different colors. it's only for cars so it takes a 12V to power it on, but i hooked up a 9V and 2AA batteries to it and it worked like a charm. also got to connect a little rocker switcher for it to turn on&off.

there's more light painting photos in my signature link if your interested. feel free to ask any questions!

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I like the way the pic is 'divided into sections'... yet still hangs together as a whole. Might look good as a poster...

Thanks, Doylem. Yes, the divisions were exactly what I had to sort out. I wanted them there of course, to get the contrast between the riot of color and activity in the city versus the calm of the bay. However, when I first framed my shot, I aimed more to the right to cut out the two chimneys that extend up into the top division. I then realized that I need those chimneys in the frame as "connectors." (Surely something I would have missed if I hadn't been using a tripod! :D) And I think your poster comment is right on: this one suffers a bit from being so small.

What a simply superb tree! I don't think that HDR is a bad choice with this shot, but I would tone down the saturation, at least of the greens. The halo around the tree is also unfortunate.

band1.jpg

Local Minneapolis Band Cocaine. they are a blast to see live!

A photo with a lot of character and some really nice alignments. One of the better concert shots I've seen posted here in a long time.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y

I love long exposure photography. The car lights play with the rule of thirds well, and I love the way the colors from the natural upper part of the photo interact with the busy city scene!

"A photo with a lot of character and some really nice alignments. One of the better concert shots I've seen posted here in a long time."

Thanks, I appreciate that coming from someone like yourself. I think that concert photography is my strong-point, and my favorite thing to shoot.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Done fishing...

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 1/125
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 80 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Lens: Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 AF-D

Very cool shot. As it was displaying from top down, I found myself wondering what was going on as I was transported from one reality to something completely different.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
From my stroll on the Pacific Lutheran University campus in Parkland, Washington.

flower3q.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/250s f/5.6 ISO100 Tamron 28-300 VC@184mm

Dale​

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
From another park...

4410583808_3f8552beb7_o.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/353s f/4.1 ISO100 56.7mm (35mm eq:223mm)

Extra thanks to Designer Dale for his tutorial on flickr.com posting and how to make it work here. Hope I did it right!

Chef Jay

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I am leaving for Europe on Tuesday to visit Europe. We are taking 30 students to visit battlefields where Canadians made significant contributions during the first and second World War. Yesterday (Friday) the organizing teacher came to me upset because of the image the local Legion had given her to present in Ypres was a bad photocopy of two images placed side-by-side in the scanner. She desperately wanted some help. I stopped by McCrae House and shot some images. I ended up only using the Flags and a copper cast of his Flander's Field poem. The curator of McCrae House was kind enough to email me a good scan of Col. John McCrae and the original draft in McCrae's handwriting. I was able to find a decent quality image of the legion crest online. The image below is the montage of these pics and the one we will take with us to Ypres and Vimy. It's the kind of image that attempts to show pride in our country and pride in a community that produced a fine man like Dr. Col. John McCrae.
The blur and colour of the background is intentional to push those items back. I struggled a little with the placement of elements because I had shot so much imagery. In the end, a more simplified composition seemed appropriate.

Attachments

• McCraePosterSm.jpg
    McCraePosterSm.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 103
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.