Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
p591189972-3.jpg

Leaf Lunch - Toronto, May 2008

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I walked out the back door and this guy was contemplating whether he could get away with having my poodles for lunch!:eek: So I shot him... with my camera.:p

click image for full size
hawk.jpg

LUMIX L1 / 70-300

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
"Prepare for Takeoff"

2535978153_0e3d6b7ccc_b.jpg

Not the sharpest macro shot, but I like the way it turned out he was just int he process of taking off and I got the start of the motion blur on the wings and a nice shadow on the leaf.
Click on image to see it bigger.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
It's been a pleasure seeing everybody's awesome stuff... hope to see you in next month's thread! Tomorrow is the first day of hurricane season on da east coast, so maybe I'll be able to put up some surfing pictures for a change.:p

_1140839.jpg

LUMIX L1 / ZD70-300
very photoshopped

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
Aperture should be able to read it, what file format are you using?

I see the same problem with the Pentax K20D -- it can be read by Aperture, but only 2.0+, new cameras won't be supported on 1.5

I assume it is the change to the Raw engine 2.0, but it seems to me this is the kind of decision that could hurt Aperture's acceptance over the long term.

TommyD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland.
I like everything about this pic... but I wonder why you've cropped it like this. I think I would have composed it with either the yachts centred... or with a bit more space in front of the boats, rather than behind. Of course, this may just be me wanting everything 'ship-shape'... ;)

I kept the boats central because of a big chimney on the horizon on the left hand side which was spewing out smoke or something. I guessed it was better to compose without that than with.

Thanks very much for the comments though Doylem, much appreciated.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
It¡s awesome to see so many awesome bug macros here! Time for me to do my part:

Female Acrocinus longimanus while resting on a tree trunk.

Attachments

• Acrocinus longimanus.jpg
    Acrocinus longimanus.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 138

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
It¡s awesome to see so many awesome bug macros here! Time for me to do my part:

Female Acrocinus longimanus while resting on a tree trunk.

Wow, great shot what an interesting looking bug !

I walked out the back door and this guy was contemplating whether he could get away with having my poodles for lunch!:eek: So I shot him... with my camera.:p

Does anyone else not think it's strange that srf4real has Poodles.... they don't really strike me as surfer dude type dogs ; )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.