Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zirkle2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Indiana, USA
From a set of my grandmother's garden.

Attachments

• DSC_0089.jpg
    DSC_0089.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 127

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
You should =). He's from the UK..

His semi-autobiography was actually adapted by stephen spielberg into a feature film a good number of years ago.. (Empire of the Sun)

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Sunset Over Buffalo and Canada

Roco
The first has the potential to be good, but it lacks something. Something that attracts your attention.

And the second one is excellent! The sky looks great. If anything I would maybe make the composition different. Putting The David at the left, not in the center. But really nice photo.

Thanks, the garden one would have been better but I had to crop out a ton of damaged branches from the tree (I'm hoping the tree looks better soon). I also have to get back to take more pics of the statues around the park so David will improve soon as well :)

Trying to improve shots around dusk I hope this one works…

Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: f8.0
Focal Length: 55mm
ISO: 200

Attachments

• Sunset2.jpg
    Sunset2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 92

stillshooting

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
"Life Waves"

2505029870_91ed7cd573_o.jpg

I saw this photo posted about a week ago. Does anyone know if this is HDR? I havnt seen carlos on this thread for a while so I thought i'd ask everyone. If it is HDR, how can you tell? Usually I can tell if it is HDR or not, and considering that most of his photos are HDR makes me believe this one isnt different.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
doylem:

powerful, yet calming colours with a smooth, unreal feeling.
it's great!

Thanks. In most parts of upland England, a little hill like this would mostly be bare rock. But in rural Derbyshire there's obviously enough soil to support grass all the way to the top... which gives it a distinctive appearance. Plus, the pic was taken very early in the morning, which makes the greens 'sing'... :)

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I saw this photo posted about a week ago. Does anyone know if this is HDR? I havnt seen carlos on this thread for a while so I thought i'd ask everyone. If it is HDR, how can you tell? Usually I can tell if it is HDR or not, and considering that most of his photos are HDR makes me believe this one isnt different.

It looks like HDR to me because the foreground and background each seem to have their own, ideal exposure. The foreground therefore looks "lit", instead of being silhouetted against the brighter background.

xcalibre

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
The Million Dollar View

Looking up the Dornoch Firth, dubbed the "Million Dollar View" by tourists.
dsc0004zy7.jpg

weinrdog

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
o-HI-o
Parked the 'tractor' for the night...

DSC_0092.JPG

I wish I had removed the towel hanging from the mirror before changing (and that the tree branches where a little higher as I was already pretty close to the ground).

Dale Hollow Lake - Tn
Nikon D50 - 18-200 @ 24
1/50 sec
F4
ISO 200

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
oblomow That's one of the coolist animal pics I've seen, neat little guys.
Doylem I've never seen anything like that that was natural with grass that have such nice peaks to them. With that much green do you find your photos wanting to give a (try not to laugh please) a bluish hue depending on the temperature and time of year if your in one of the valleys?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.