Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
It was beautiful at the beach for Memorial Day...:)

late drop
_1150385.png

Lumix L1 / ZD70-300

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
reflection.jpg

Three handheld RAWs // HDR // Shutter: varied // Aperture: f/6.3 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 160

the best one of yours i've seen! considering i've used a few as desktop pics in my studio, that's saying something.:)

forget the great wall, this is my favorite part of china. Fried pies!

taro.jpg

i miss those from when i was a kid.

underthebridge.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/80 // Aperture: f/14 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO: 100

very cool. reminds me of the William Sleator novel, "House of Stairs".

chewbaccacabra

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
i miss those from when i was a kid.

Yes I had that back in December during my China trip. Oh my God are they awesome. Way better than the Apple pies we have here.

Also had the fried Taros with the stringy sugar you must dip in water to cool off.

thejedipunk

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
California
bathroomlight.JPG

Canon PowerShot A400
1/500
f 3.8
5.91mm

Just messing around with manual controls on my P&S. I think this one could have come out better in black and white but I still like it.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Doylem I've never seen anything like that that was natural with grass that have such nice peaks to them. With that much green do you find your photos wanting to give a (try not to laugh please) a bluish hue depending on the temperature and time of year if your in one of the valleys?

It's just a characteristic of this part of northern England (Peak national park) for these little escarpments to be grassy... rather than rocky. It's very green for two reasons: this is early summer in England, with the greens still fresh and vivid. And I shot it very early in the morning. So it's straight out of the camera. There would be a bluish tinge if I'd taken it in the middle of the day. Personally, I don't like that blue 'cast'... so pefer to shoot earlier and later in the day... when the light is 'warmer'...

The old bridge at Watendlath...

watendlathyb7.jpg

BTW, a few people may not know how to 'quote' a pic they're commenting on, so it shows up, second time around, as a thumbnail... not full size. Just add a 'T' to both '(IMG)' tags to make '(TIMG)'. :)

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
http://web.mac.com/rtjones85/Ryan_Jones_.mac_Site_v1.1/Daily_Photo/Entries/2008/5/27_“Warp”_files/Walt%20Disney%20Concert%20Hall%201.jpg[t/IMG][/QUOTE]

Very nice shot! We are getting our first "modern" building this fall. They are making the new Art museum and it looks amazing! hopefully i can get sweet pictures like this one!

Here is one I took on the fly yesterday. Some of our flowers are starting to pop open! These are Double Peonies (sp?) and this one is only halfway open haha they get sooooo big:eek: :D

[img]http://img.skitch.com/20080530-f3gw8f8x1c2jedwyyf2ijsd51m.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

I like everything about this pic... but I wonder why you've cropped it like this. I think I would have composed it with either the yachts centred... or with a bit more space in front of the boats, rather than behind. Of course, this may just be me wanting everything 'ship-shape'... ;)

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
Shutter: 1/8000th of a second
ISO: 6400
100% crop

20080529-ts73euj3srsykuwasbt4rf8bik.jpg

You don't need that high of an iso or that fast of a shutter speed. You could have easily taken that at somewhere around an iso of 800 and a shutter speed of 1/250 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Is there a reason why your iso is so high and you are shooting at 1/8000 of a second? Because your iso is so high you end up with the graininess in your picture. Good thinking but I'd recommend reading up on your camera.

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
You don't need that high of an iso or that fast of a shutter speed. You could have easily taken that at somewhere around an iso of 800 and a shutter speed of 1/250 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Is there a reason why your iso is so high and you are shooting at 1/8000 of a second? Because your iso is so high you end up with the graininess in your picture. Good thinking but I'd recommend reading up on your camera.

Yeah, no reason for 1/8000th of a second :eek: along with 6400 ISO!

As you said, an ISO of around 800 with around 1/250 shutter speed would be much better than that grainy picture where there is no detail.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
I was just playing with the features on my new camera for that shot.. I suppose I could have used a flash :eek:.

Here's another one from yesterday, experimenting with a home-made softbox.

20080530-p28xmna67jyxnmbtxjwp8p8c8f.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.