Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Not quite, IMO. And the big, heavy border looks funerial... :eek:

Thanks for your opinion. I changed the border. Can't change the photo though.
Will have to go back there sometime. It's hard to find time making photo's, between work, children's holiday and harsh light during the day. Give me clouds (and temperatures < 25 ...)

And shame on you for upsetting the mighty mods. Quoting a photo! What were you thinking?!! ;)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I keep going back to these old slate quarries, 'cos they're fascinating. Not really my kind of light this morning: too much sunshine, not enough cloud. And, yes, I know, I shouldn't complain about sunshine (especially in England ;))... but a big blue sky does tend to make the scene a bit bland, a bit flat, a bit hazy.

I don't recall trying to make such an obvious 'framing device' to highlight the walkers. I think sometimes I let the autopilot take over, and this is what comes out... :)

slateguysoh0.jpg

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
UK
Taken a few days ago whilst on holiday in Sydney (my first outing with my new Nikon D60):

MadDoc,

Attachments

• Sydney 308.jpg
    Sydney 308.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 93

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Beautiful day here today, so went for a run in the car and ended up in Killin.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2159/2473613495_625aabd07c.jpg

Struggled to get the shutter speeds required though, due to the bright sunshine, but i did manage to find this small waterfall away from the main ones.

Great shot Tambo, lovely colour and exposure is just right.

I havnt had a chance to post a photo in a while, my classes are actually starting to pile up and good old finals are in 2 weeks. For this reason, I havnt had time to go out shooting, but I saw this little fella on my way to class and he/she/it was next to my dorm so I grabbed my trusty camera and took a snap...it felt good!

"Bunny Wabbit"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2234/2472482677_0bd42309c5_o.jpg

Fantastic Shot, i know i already commented on your flickr but I must say i really like this one.

Lovely, this is more like how a model village should look !

http://www.madnessmatrix.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/troostfestival.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/320 // Aperture: f/14 // Focal Length: 400 mm // ISO 250

...this was my photoblog post for today, and I can't decide on it. Did the HDR treatment screw it up? Should I have not processed it as much? Usually I know for sure if a processing treatment works or not, but such is not the case here. Comment/critique welcome.

I'm not sure about HDR in general use for portraits, But I think it really works here.

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
"Dunure Harbour"

2471793583_e501c37242_b.jpg

Another one taken the other night at Dunure.

Thanks everythingisnt I'm not amused with the gabage can either, or the squinty sign hanging off the side of castle.

weazle1098

macrumors regular
What happens when drugs happen.

Apparently this truck hit 8 or so cars before it burst into flames about 50 feet from my front door. Three people were injured I guess and lots of people inconvenienced and final exams delayed.

2475891659_c0ab28ee3a_b.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Carlos, every time you post one of these 'water shots' it astounds me. You have a gift with the ability to define all of the elements of your compositions in such a way that only a surfer knows the feeling. So much uncertainty, mystery and depth of possibility... another great work!:)

My submission today is rather large, it felt like the exression was lost at any smaller size. A surfer hits the lip at Sebastian Inlet, FL.

otl-1.jpg

1/2000", f/7.1, ISO 200, 0ev @ 300mm

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Carlos, every time you post one of these 'water shots' it astounds me. You have a gift with the ability to define all of the elements of your compositions in such a way that only a surfer knows the feeling. So much uncertainty, mystery and depth of possibility... another great work!:)

Thank you so much for those kind words, I really appreciate it!

Steamie Thank you, too! I am actually not sure if it is a domestic bunny or a wild one, however to me it looks like another student brought it and left it to roam around.

Eric - I really like the artistry in this building photo. So many diagonals I can't stop looking at it. My eyes lead me all around the photo, and then gently guide me out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.