Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsamcash

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
San Jose, CA
Loving the K-x!

Pentax K-x | DA 18-55mm

ISO 800 | 48mm | 0 ev | f/5.6 | 1/100

With a little bit of post in Aperture 3.

Attachments

• _IGP0027.jpg
    _IGP0027.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 144

zali0n

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
My little princess, her name is Shno and she was 3 months old yesterday :)

Attachments

• DSCF3154.jpg
    DSCF3154.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 114

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Digging through old photos looking for some files to launch my new Website, I found this one- I'd forgotten it.... Cedar Waxwing, shot in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

waxwing.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Around the village of Greystoke, in the North of Cumbria, are a collection of 'follies': architectural eccentricities build by the 11th Duke of Norfolk. Two 18th century farmhouses were build to look like castles, and this farm - Spire House - was built to look like a church.

spirehouse.jpg

wchong

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
My first attempt at HDR. Taken in El Morro in San Juan, PR! Taken with XSi and kit lens. Comments/critiques welcomed! Thanks.

Attachments

• El Morro HDR.png
    El Morro HDR.png
    859.1 KB · Views: 126

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Very interesting and pleasing grain in that photo NevadaJack - is that a result of cropping and enlarging, or some other post work?

Thanks... I used a action in CS5 by Andrea Walter called Soft Recovery. Here is the description for the action:

"Andrea's action is specifically designed for Canon digital cameras to increase saturation and contrast, recover shadows, and maintain the details. Andrea designed this to give a "Nikon-like" look."

I have only used it on this image as it was underexposed and just gave it a try... I also like the effect.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Digging through old photos looking for some files to launch my new Website, I found this one- I'd forgotten it.... Cedar Waxwing, shot in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

waxwing.jpg
^ Very nice framing. The colors of the background accent the bird well. One of my favorite feathered friends. Perhaps a little less headroom?

^ Wonderful job with the lighting.Skin tones are well rendered, too. The only thing I miss is eye contact.

^ Great feeling of movement and action here. The acceleration in her step is tangible. Super shot.

Dale

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
^ Very nice framing. The colors of the background accent the bird well. One of my favorite feathered friends. Perhaps a little less headroom?

For a different aspect ratio, I'd crop the top out, but for the aspect ratio it was shot in, cropping loses the leading line of the branch, and I think that detracts from the overall look of the image. I also like the way the highlights at the top look, but I'd lose those if I could keep the edge of the branch in the same relative position.

Three more files to find, then I can start adding names and organizing the new site- I can't wait!

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.