Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Atop the German Reichstag...

p731988207-4.jpg

7D with 17-55 at 17mm; 1/4 @ f8 -2EV; ISO 400

At the top of the German Parliament building they have a glass dome which covers a conical array of mirrors that funnels daylight into the parliament chamber below. A shade that rotates automatically with the position of the sun eliminates glare. Finally, visitors are allowed to walk up ramps around the dome offering a great vantage point of Berlin.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
rydalspring.jpg

Our first first Magnetic North landscape photography workshop starts today, based around Rydal Water in the Lake District (this is a pic of the lake... though the shot needs a figure leaning on the fence :)).

The weather is pretty much what I’d ordered - sunshine ‘n’ showers - so every time we stop, the landscape should look different. Feeling a bit nervous, which is probably no bad thing, but also excited about getting this new venture 'on the road'. There’s been a lot of planning and promoting, so it will be good to get down to some photography... and feedback... and fun... plus a couple of good meals and a beer or two. Cheers!

davegregory

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
Burlington, Ontario
p731988207-4.jpg

7D with 17-55 at 17mm; 1/4 @ f8 -2EV; ISO 400

At the top of the German Parliament building they have a glass dome which covers a conical array of mirrors that funnels daylight into the parliament chamber below. A shade that rotates automatically with the position of the sun eliminates glare. Finally, visitors are allowed to walk up ramps around the dome offering a great vantage point of Berlin.

Great shot. I love twilight pictures of architecture. Well done.

trsnrtr

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2009
Central Illinois, USA
Our first first Magnetic North landscape photography workshop starts today, based around Rydal Water in the Lake District (this is a pic of the lake... though the shot needs a figure leaning on the fence :)).

I love your photos and look forward to them every day. I really have to visit some day.

Take a field trip to Nunney in Somerset for pics of the castle there. My family use to own it before Cromwell blew holes in it. :D

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
rydalspring.jpg

The weather is pretty much what I’d ordered - sunshine ‘n’ showers - so every time we stop, the landscape should look different. Feeling a bit nervous, which is probably no bad thing, but also excited about getting this new venture 'on the road'. There’s been a lot of planning and promoting, so it will be good to get down to some photography... and feedback... and fun... plus a couple of good meals and a beer or two. Cheers!

I echo what trsnrtr said... I look forward to your photo every day and wish you the best of luck with your workshop... I certainly wish I could drop by to participate! :)

Slippery Gimp

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Leeds, UK

Taken in the sea in Cyprus November '09 at 6am-ish to catch the sunrise.

I took this with the iPhone and was standing in about 4 feet of water with the phone right down near the water, just praying I wouldn't drop it in the sea!

capwrmt

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2010
View from the top of Sleeping Giant State Park, Hamden, CT
My very first post! Having fun with my new D90:)

Nikon D90, 18-105VR, 26mm, ISO 400, f/4, 1/3200

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
I call this one... BURSTING WITH COLOR!

4587717005_86e78fd077_b.jpg

EXIF
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
View from the top of Sleeping Giant State Park, Hamden, CT
My very first post! Having fun with my new D90:)

Nikon D90, 18-105VR, 26mm, ISO 400, f/4, 1/3200

Very nice capwrmt! Congrats on the D90! I just got a D90 too. Still working on getting my first PotD worthy post with it. Been busy with work. Going to the Zoo next week, hopefully a PotD worthy post then :)

Chef Jay

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.