Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CK Williams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Las Vegas
Fall colors

Attachments

• 2006 - 39.jpg
    2006 - 39.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 366

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
It's a chore I've been putting off for some time... and I really need to do exactly what you're doing.

It's good for the soul to review the picture collection and weed out the stuff that'll never be used (such as the failed HDR experiments :eek:). It helps to be in a ruthless, unsentimental mood. ;)

cattlef.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
It's good for the soul to review the picture collection and weed out the stuff that'll never be used (such as the failed HDR experiments :eek:). It helps to be in a ruthless, unsentimental mood. ;)

Isn't that your normal state of mind? :D But all kidding aside, you're absolutely right. It didn't take me too long in the old days to realize the picture I got published in today's paper was tomorrows bird cage liner - just don't get emotionally attached to anything you do so you can keep things in perspective - and keep your life far less cluttered. I guess it applies to all the junk we hang on to (I'm one of the biggest culprits in this... ;))

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
OBoy!!! more yellow leaves ... Gotta enjoy the color now , another good storm and we'll be back to grey and brown until spring. Be shooting monochrome whether we like it or not .

IMG_1377_1.jpg

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
not really from november, but I just got to processing these guys. Its a set, more tommorow.

this is f/2.2, ISO 1600, Shutter @ 1/8 :)eek:) and heavy post processing. Also had a ghetto setup on my onboard flash, white paper bouncing the light around.

Attachments

• anime_club_halloween  028LQ.jpg
    anime_club_halloween 028LQ.jpg
    983 KB · Views: 279

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I'm new to posting on this forum, but have been observing and enjoying for quite some time.
If I can work out how to post then I shall try and show some more of my own photo's.
Any comments by those more knowledgeable than myself would be appreciated.

http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/attach/jpg.gif

Canon G10

This is a wonderful photo from a non dslr camera. The colors are rich and the detail is very good. The out of focus forms in the background accent it well. That said, it suffers from center-itis. The bird is square in the middle and that makes a photo go static. I know, it is static, silly. It's a photo... What I mean is that by looking at the forms and colors in the viewfinder, you can learn to frame a photo so that the eye seems to move over it. Try some more shots with the subject to the edge of the frame and see what happens to it. Look for highlights in the background like the white flowers in this one. The little ones enhance this shot, but the big ones at the left draw the eye away. The brain makes the eye do an odd thing, people automatically zoom in on highlights first. You can use that to your advantage by making sure they are where you want them. Sometimes you can't do that and that's the challenge photography gives me. Why use PhotoShop when I could hang over a railing over the freeway. Much more interesting.

Take lots of pictures and let us see them. Post your best here and take a look at the Fortnight Challenge, too.

What kind of bird is that? In the states we have a bird called a towhee that looks like that.

Nice to have another lens added to our collection.

Dale

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I'm new to posting on this forum, but have been observing and enjoying for quite some time.
If I can work out how to post then I shall try and show some more of my own photo's.
Any comments by those more knowledgeable than myself would be appreciated.

Canon G10

Welcome to the forum. That's an adorable little bird, and you did a nice job of getting us close to him. Otherwise, I second Dale's comments. Thanks for sharing. Keep shooting! :)

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
St.john's Newfoundland Canada

:DDowntown water street in the oldest city in north america...note the narrow street

Attachments

• (581) July 31.JPG
    (581) July 31.JPG
    854.8 KB · Views: 232

marsvolta

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2006
Low Tide at Abel Tasman National Park, NZ

Attachments

• 4054259944_57f247baf4_b.jpg
    4054259944_57f247baf4_b.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 229
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.