Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Another from the Day of the Dead, Tacoma Art Museum.
Hamming for mom.

dod2w.jpg

Dale

Camera: Canon XSi
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 77mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/500@f/5.0
Lens: Tamron AF28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Cleaning up...

After finishing the cyclocross course, riders deal with the mud on their equipment.

PHR_0650.JPG

Model: NIKON D300
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/350 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 86mm

Thanks LERsince1991 for the nice comment. I really like your last photo - it's really creative and well done.

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Codfish Newfoundland Canada

First day of the food fishery caught in an area just a stone throw away from bay roberts.:D

Attachments

• (215) July 25 26 pounds 40.5 inches.JPG
    (215) July 25 26 pounds 40.5 inches.JPG
    816.4 KB · Views: 133

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Finally trying photoshop

Hi everyone, nice photos so far! Really liking some of the "Fall" themes (Halloween, changing leaves, etc).

I just took a trip to Liechtenstein and picked a photo that obviously needed some work (at the very least it needed to be straightened and have something done about the clouds) so I could try out photoshop, which I just started playing around with. Any comments would be greatly appreciated, but I hope you enjoy the Fall colors :).

4074338391_fe77bf76fb_b.jpg

Original photo here

Edit: Here's the camera info:
Canon 40D, 1/320, f/9, ISO 400, 200mm (using Canon's f/2.8L 70-200mm), with a bad tripod that I'm hoping to replace after xmas.
Edit 2: Also had a red enhancing filter on the lens, forgot about that.

Thanks for the C&C :D

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I'm not sure about this one (C&C appreciated)
4059053283_689f6044a8_o.jpg

I've noticed myself doing this before on a few occasions, and I'm not sure if it's "bad" by what most people think, but I've finally figured out what I don't like about it so I could stop doing the same thing.

You have a narrow depth of field, which is normally fine, but your subject (what is in focus) is the same thing as what is out of focus in both the fore- and background. This makes it seem less like there is something you are drawing the eye towards, and more like it's just a random or out of place strip of focus.

To complicate the problem, the subject is a random cluster of small objects. While this can be done, for some reason it's just not working for me here. Maybe something about the angle of the photo, not really sure, but I'm having trouble really being drawn to the purpose or focus.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I've noticed myself doing this before on a few occasions, and I'm not sure if it's "bad" by what most people think, but I've finally figured out what I don't like about it so I could stop doing the same thing.

You have a narrow depth of field, which is normally fine, but your subject (what is in focus) is the same thing as what is out of focus in both the fore- and background. This makes it seem less like there is something you are drawing the eye towards, and more like it's just a random or out of place strip of focus.

To complicate the problem, the subject is a random cluster of small objects. While this can be done, for some reason it's just not working for me here. Maybe something about the angle of the photo, not really sure, but I'm having trouble really being drawn to the purpose or focus.

Yeah, you summed up the problem pretty well there. We look in vain for a subject in this photo. The eye scans around and sees nothing but "setting," which makes the photo seem unresolved.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi everyone, nice photos so far! Really liking some of the "Fall" themes (Halloween, changing leaves, etc).

I just took a trip to Liechtenstein and picked a photo that obviously needed some work (at the very least it needed to be straightened and have something done about the clouds) so I could try out photoshop, which I just started playing around with. Any comments would be greatly appreciated, but I hope you enjoy the Fall colors :).

4074338391_fe77bf76fb_b.jpg

Original photo here

Edit: Here's the camera info:
Canon 40D, 1/320, f/9, ISO 400, 200mm (using Canon's f/2.8L 70-200mm), with a bad tripod that I'm hoping to replace after xmas.
Edit 2: Also had a red enhancing filter on the lens, forgot about that.

Thanks for the C&C :D

This is a considerable improvement over the original, but it is a little on the "hot" side for me. I would like it more if the lit area of the building was more of a white. Otherwise, very nice for just "playing".

Dale

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Same lake , but November.

IMG_1394_1319.jpg

Series I'm doing with the same lake , same time of month , same time of day,
same gear. See October and September POTD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.