Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CK Williams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Las Vegas
An older shot, but still one of my favorites (clickable)

Attachments

• DSC_2294.jpg
    DSC_2294.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 193

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Tatiana

I'm loving the low-light ability of the 5DII, yes this is small but the amount of noise the full res doesn't have at ISO 2500 is still remarkable.

tati-1.jpg

Canon EOS 5D Mark II :: 135 mm :: f 2 :: 1/160 sec :: iso 2500 :: No external lighting, no sun for that matter. Pulled up the Color Temp in Aperture and added vignette.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Waiting...

... in the wings, as the last rays of sunshine play out across the landscape, and the last riders cross the finish line in the Men's A division cyclocross race Sunday, November 1 in Astoria, Oregon.

PHR_1602.JPG

Model: NIKON D300
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/500 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 200mm

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Went for a walk in a park today. Need ND filter!

waterfall.jpg

ND filters are great, though it looks like you did a pretty good job without it. Only the top left really gets to me as needing it, the rest is ok.

Tried to use the panorama function in PS, almost nothing else done to this. Once it's gone through the panorama stage (like you normally hit "ok" on a raw file after adjusting exposure and everything) how do you make the photo so it's not so . . . . . . . I dunno how to describe it. Whitish? Faded? Light? I'm sure you can tell what I don't like just by looking at it.

C&C always appreciated :)

4079081116_fab8003625_b.jpg

Edit: Original size. Warning, it's big.

Also, wheezy, I like the pose / expression of your model, well done. And I'm very jealous of your 5D Mark II :D

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan

I love this shot! You've captured the essence of backpacking and "on trail" with this perspective. You try and explain to people verbally and does not cut it, this says it all. Spring growth shows, did you touch this photo?

My wife and I backpacked Isle Royale August-1999, located in Lake Superior Michigan H20 for those who don't know, completed in 4 nights/5 days. This shot took me back to that trip, thx for posting.

CanadIan

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for the generous comment mtbdudex. I touch up all my pics in Lightroom a little, but not much was done. This was taken on our third day of rain in the rainiest summer in 30 years, so the the undergrouth was quite lush. This was day 4 of eight on the Appalation Trail where it goes through the White Mountains. That pic belies the size of our packs. They were 30-40lbs, and my brother is 6'4" to give you some perspective.

cutsman: I love the Streetcar pic in Milan! Spectacular!!

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
St.John's newfoundland

These Houses are common in color and style around the town.

Attachments

• (561) July 31.JPG
    (561) July 31.JPG
    809.6 KB · Views: 113

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
ND filters are great, though it looks like you did a pretty good job without it. Only the top left really gets to me as needing it, the rest is ok.

Tried to use the panorama function in PS, almost nothing else done to this. Once it's gone through the panorama stage (like you normally hit "ok" on a raw file after adjusting exposure and everything) how do you make the photo so it's not so . . . . . . . I dunno how to describe it. Whitish? Faded? Light? I'm sure you can tell what I don't like just by looking at it.

C&C always appreciated :)

4079081116_fab8003625_b.jpg

Edit: Original size. Warning, it's big.

Also, wheezy, I like the pose / expression of your model, well done. And I'm very jealous of your 5D Mark II :D

Did you try adjusting Levels when you were done with your pano thing? I looked at the full size link and the histogram has little info on the extreme highlight and shadow ends. If you pinch the sliders in a bit it darkens the image.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.