Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
In such cases, it's often better to convert to B&W instead of a desaturated color shot. Mess around with filters on the conversion to B&W and try to get some beautiful contrast out of it; that will make up for the loss of color, whereas desaturation doesn't.

I see. I did about 1/2 of what you said. I got a black and white I like, and reduced the opacity to around 50%. Maybe I should have just left it as a B&W...

deriko100

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
New York
Nuit Blanche in Toronto.

Nikon D90 with 35mm f/2, 1/25sec, ISO 3200

p721876308-5.jpg

AMAZING did you take it or did you get it from a site

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
2936126280_7e44239012.jpg

Took this one, mainly because of the color contrast,but am liking the way the focus is just on a couple of beads and you can see the threads of the fabric in some places.:D

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
I'm now getting in the habbit of leaving the camera in the boot (trunk?) of my car. Went out on Saturday to a museum and found I'd left the camera in my house.:(

This was taken with my mobile phone, it's a "blue train" (Glasgow suburban electric). Lousy photo but I love the scale!

Attachments

• blue train.jpg
    blue train.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 87

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

I'm not normally "that-guy-who-takes-kitteh-pics" but what the hell - it was too cute! Plus I'll shoot anything and everything I can with my new 24-70mmL lens!

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
IMG_0811.jpg

An aquatic mammal (not sure what, otter maybe?) finally saw me sneaking up on him as he was sunbathing on the dock, near Port Townsend, Wa

Yes that is a otter. Very cool and funny animal to observe. And very intelligent. They are bullets in the water. I have seen them in the wild many times while out canoeing or hunting. They sound like a small dog when they bark.

About 10 years ago they had a exhibit here in missouri with two otters that a husband and wife biologist team had raised from pups. They had a 500 gallon tank for them to swim in and they let them run around on the stage.

They warned the women in the audience to keep a close watch on their purses, as the female one was very sneaky.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Walls are no deterrent to acrobatic sheep...

sheeptv7.jpg

Proof positive that the sheep are plastic. Doylem must take us all for turkeys to expect us to believe that sheep can traverse walls like that. And note that the white paint is rubbing off of the sheep: you can see the turquoise plastic showing through on their backs (no doubt where he grabbed them for positioning)! :rolleyes:

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry... doesn't quite work for me. The lighting, from the left, has made the cat's eyes into 'black holes', which looks a bit unsettling...

I hear you :)

She does have black eyes right now, but the shadows do make it a little unsettling. The moment was nice though :)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Drift Creek Falls, Oregon coast range

A 3 mile trail from a remote logging road leads to this suspension bridge over Drift Creek in Lincoln County, Oregon. The bridge was built by volunteers a few years ago. Photo taken this July.

DSC_6374.JPG

Model: Nikon D50
ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 18mm

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
oops, 8 minutes till I can post again. I am sorry. lost track of time. brb
Little surfer looks cute:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.