Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Another from the same day as the fishing one I post a few days ago. This one was taken before the sun come up.

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 2 sec (2)
Aperture: f/16
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO Speed: 200

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
I have no idea what happened here:

Nikon D40, 50mm

I was standing in the tram and just looking around. Then my view passed to the window and my eyes were presented with this scene. I instinctively took this image and 8 seconds later the scene was out of view.

I don't know what I am looking at exactly. I mean there is a policeman, a sign that reads "accident", a triangularly defined area and something covered by a white sheet.
If I look at the full size image I can maybe see a pack of cigs the left of the sheet and maybe a forehead with a gray hairline.

It's all speculation, my mind could be playing tricks and interpret the scen wrong.

It's strange though that there is only one policeman and no one else (if it is what my mind believes it is), not even a police car, no anything. Also there are only a handful people around, usually if something tragic happens a lot gather around such scenes.

I could not find anything about it in the local media.

So, was it just a publicity stunt? Is he even a real cop?

I have no idea.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Took this shot just before October started, but started playing with it a bit recently. It's my Dad and my Son. Thinking about having it printed for him, thought I'd get some C&C.

Attachments

• DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 84

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
fett, that's gorgeous

here is a shot from the planting fields arboretum in oyster bay, new york. i went a little nuts with the bokeh (f/1.8) but i really like how it came out.

Attachments

• IMG_7393.JPG
    IMG_7393.JPG
    984.5 KB · Views: 100

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Rachel Bilson

I played Paparazzi... Shooting 'Waiting For Forever' in Salt Lake City. I was up at the Gateway Mall and stumbled across the set.

rachel_bilson.jpg

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I have no idea what happened here:

It's strange though that there is only one policeman and no one else (if it is what my mind believes it is), not even a police car, no anything. Also there are only a handful people around, usually if something tragic happens a lot gather around such scenes.

Actually, when there is a body, people don't want to linger. They move away. I've seen it before. The policeman is surely just waiting for the coroner to arrive. :(

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
I know, i know, i really need to get other models other than myself...but it's not the easiest thing to do when I'm kind of a loner at school...

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Incredible self portrait by any standard.
It would be a great portrait if you had used another person.

I would bet you that if you show your pix to some of the girls in your school they'd be lining up.

I know, i know, i really need to get other models other than myself...but it's not the easiest thing to do when I'm kind of a loner at school...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.