Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Taken on my holiday in Florida earlier this month:

2950925749_e9954906ef_b.jpg
I like it, reminds me of a Flash animation style (it's the vector look against the photographic background :)).

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
I'm confused. You got a text notification that a man had just killed himself, so you went to take a photograph of the 'crime scene'? Erm... why?? :confused:
It's called photojournalism?

The texts are through a service for EMTs/police/fire personnel (and media services); it alerts off duty cops/emergency officials of any calls in a preset area.

Aside from the fact that I live about a minute away from here and was even closer at the time... I felt it was worthy of documentation. Apologies if I've offended you.

Here's mine for today:
dsc4343px3.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
It's called photojournalism?

The texts are through a service for EMTs/police/fire personnel (and media services); it alerts off duty cops/emergency officials of any calls in a preset area.

Aside from the fact that I live about a minute away from here and was even closer at the time... I felt it was worthy of documentation. Apologies if I've offended you.

No you haven't offended me... but do you really think a picture of a piece of tape is photojournalism?

You call it a 'crime scene'. I'm fascinated; what particular crime had the dead man committed?

"duty cops/emergency officials"... Which one are you?

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
Went to the opening of the Apple store this morning in Westfield at Whitecity, London. And La Senza was doing this promotion, which I whole heartedly feel that we should start an online petition for Steve do the same at Apple store openings :p

301020081841cz5.jpg

weazle1098

macrumors regular
Suicide jump crime scene, about an hour ago, Boston, MA:

picture1ls9.jpg

The body was just around that bend at the back of the ally; it opens up into a small courtyard type area.

Got the text notification and happen to be heading that way (I live just a few blocks from here). I only had my D50 and a 50 prime with me... Plus, it had just happened, so people were confused and rushing everyone away. Apparently, he was a drug user and something set him off... :(

Yeah, we were working on one of our shows at Boston University Theatre when we went to dinner and when we got out there were a lot of cops and fire engine. The building next door to the theatre is a half-way house.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Happy Halloween!

Carved it myself tonight, and used the innards to make a big pot of pumpkin & tomato soup ;)

2987178251_4b333310a0.jpg

(OK, I'm 16 minutes early but I'm just about to go to bed.)

weazle1098

macrumors regular
No you haven't offended me... but do you really think a picture of a piece of tape is photojournalism?

You call it a 'crime scene'. I'm fascinated; what particular crime had the dead man committed?

"duty cops/emergency officials"... Which one are you?

It's a crime scene because it was uncertain whether or not the fellow jumped, fell or was pushed… at least thats what Boston University police says, they're involved due to the fact that he came in contact with university property on is way down to earth (ie he hit one of our fire escapes).

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Lovely downtown Skopje

I was not at all inclined to wait around for perfect light at this location, but I thought this scene was interesting regardless. What I saw of Skopje was more of the same on every corner.

DowntownSkopje.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Sauna hut in the woods...

This is on my neighbor's property, and the little sauna hut sits directly over a small stream...

DSC_6619.JPG

Model: Nikon D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/30 sec
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 18mm

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Aspen Blue

2939425614_e6affe86d8_b.jpg

Went hiking through the woods that beautiful day, with the dogs. They love photography. I pause, and meander, and they run around and forage.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Many years ago, I was visiting Tokyo for a short 3 day weekend.

i was walking around Hiro-o station area, and the kids were coming home from school. These 4 friends were walking by so I asked to take their picture. To me, their expressions are priceless. The bent/torn corrugated metal in the background is cool as well when you consider this was in one of the most expensive places in Tokyo.

Girls.jpg

This picture was taken with a Canon A-1, 100 ASA film. I forget the lens.
Note, on the original, you can clearly see their eyes. My scanner is old. When I get a new one I'll rescan this pic.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
I took this pic quite a while ago, but this morning i felt like playing around with photomatix, here is what i got...

2989218955_bcaea94a9d.jpg

pvkenneth, like always,,, sweet man, i remember you used ot do lots of urban shots, i haven't been around this thread for a while now but it seems you are moving onto portraits now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.