Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Bluebells at Mad Rock

Wild Bluebells at Mad Rock, Conception Bay, NL.
4005130427_21d85776ab.jpg

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Weir, Dartry Park, Dublin

DartryWeir-1.jpg

I posted a shot from the same spot a few months ago but felt at the time the light was all wrong. Finally got the right conditions. :)

Stunning, and yeah the lighting is just right there :) At first i thought that the left was a little underexopsed, but i love the way the main light in the picture, that somewhat large patch of light is right on the waterfall, lighting up the best part of it, very well done :)

i love these kinda shots, this is a really good one :D very impressive. :)

I usually warn clients that "spot color" is a fad, but they always ask for it anyway :rolleyes: ;)

671556817_CFAUJ-XL.jpg

for a reason ;) that looks really nice! and was it really the L lens that just gives it that... that really just 'good', smooth clear look?

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Gotta work late tomorrow , so here's tomorrow's pic today.....
The Flatiron Building , 5D , 24-85@28 , f14 , 1/500,converted to b&w in CS4 using AlienSkin Exposure2 Plus X 125 plugin.
IMG_0116a_1319_monochrome.jpg

OBLOMOW.. Didn't see the cartoon until you posted it . Serves to remind me as to why I don't like to mess around with PS too much !

monkey86

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2008
London
i havent posted in here before :S - the pic quality is crap as i have only got low res copies of the guys at the dive center.

My first open water dive as a certified scuba diver, the wreck is the Vera K, Paphos, Cyprus.

Picture1.png

Boo!

Picture2.png

Bridge

Picture3.png

Bridge and Mick (instructor)

Picture4.png

Coral Caves

Picture6.png

Deactivated Typhoon Class Sub (i think!) - this is not me as im not sub trained!

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Classic Cars

I love this shot. It immediately made me smile. The colors and of course the subject. Good job!

Now a bit of nit picking. What exactly don't you understand about "Photo of the Day". That's photo, singular. Sorry but I get a bit ruffled when posters just don't follow the rules. Perhaps best explained below.

"Sure I believe in rules. If you don't, then you've got no game at all, do you? It's just a mess. I spent three years of my life with no rules, and I didn't like it. I want rules. Standards. If you can't measure up, get off the world. That's what we're dealing with: people who won't follow the rules. **** 'em!"

"The Timothy Files", Lawrence Sanders

Again, I apologize if I have gone a bit overboard but let's get with the program everyone. Cheers

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
that looks really nice! and was it really the L lens that just gives it that... that really just 'good', smooth clear look?

Lenses are just tools... the photographer makes the photograph. That photo was taken with the 24-70mm f/2.8L on a 5D, but could have just as easily been done with a nifty fifty on a 350D. ;)

Here's another from the same wedding

675570164_PuudL-XL.jpg

k-cho

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2009
Chicago
Autum Leaves

Saw these little fellas by my house. Hope doing this right.

Attachments

• _-6.jpg
    _-6.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 82

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Bridge on public trail.

I've taken many photos of this bridge in all seasons. Judging by the shadows, I'm always there atthe same time too! This bridge is on a public walking trail here.
4007618095_fc43d1f938_b.jpg

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
waterbomber

putting out a plant fire in cochrane ontario

Attachments

• Water Bomber.3.jpg
    Water Bomber.3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 97

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast

There's just something about that 'nifty-fifty' look on crop-sensor DSLRs, and I'm quickly finding that type lens to be a definite "must have" and near the top of my favorite lenses - period. I like the eye level view here, and how you filled the frame with your little sleeping pal. By shooting it wide open the softness of the dogs fur is accentuated and the background smoothly defocused.

pigbat

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2005
There's just something about that 'nifty-fifty' look on crop-sensor DSLRs, and I'm quickly finding that type lens to be a definite "must have" and near the top of my favorite lenses - period. I like the eye level view here, and how you filled the frame with your little sleeping pal. By shooting it wide open the softness of the dogs fur is accentuated and the background smoothly defocused.

Thanks flint. I broke out the "nifty fifty" yesterday after having it on the shelf for over a year. I can't believe I let it sit so long. It's amazing what you can do when that thing is wide open. After processing this batch of pics, I can't imagine I'll leave it on the shelf for that long ever again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.