Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
4000450908_decc8662b6_o.jpg

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
Love it. Of course, I'm rather partial to the location. ;)

Thanks. There are some locations that can survive almost anything you do to them. Bad light, toy effects in post, etc. Delphi is one of those spots. It's such a breathtaking spot both visually and historically that you really can't go too wrong unless you really, really try. Arguably I tried pretty hard here :)

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Laid up with flu :( so here's a shot from October last year...

october2008.jpg

John, did the North of England invent green or just raise it to a level of art not found most anywhere? I have been wondering this for quite a while.:D

Take care of your health. I'm sure all of us will do the best we can to keep your spirits up.

Dale

Essjay

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
that is amazing :O Can you PLEASE describe to me how you do that? I wanted to shoot some drift event later this year and i have no idea how!
Its the - blurred wheels, the perfectly in focus car and the blurred background - how on earth do you get all that so perfect? :D if you could let me know would be great thanks. :)

The best place to learn how would be to quickly Google some "panning" tutorials and then go out and practice because that's how your shots will become perfect.

Time for a winter mood ;):
3218901306_4774b3b9de_b.jpg

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
This flower photo really stands out to me, Just perfect :D
May I have a higher-res version to add to my scrapbook of inspiration please?
Sure, just PM me your email address. Are you wanting it for, say, a desktop background? If so, I can get it sized up for you. Let me know!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
John, did the North of England invent green or just raise it to a level of art not found most anywhere? I have been wondering this for quite a while.:D

Thanks for the comments, folks. The North of England gets a lot of rain... the Lake District in particular. So the landscape is green... and that's good; but it's a damp climate... and that's an acquired taste... ;)

Photographers come here from all over the world because the weather is so changeable ('four seasons in one day', etc). When the sky is an unclouded blue, you can wait around for an hour... and the view will be much the same. But with partial cloud cover - and a breeze to blow it - that hour will provide dozens of different shots, as light gives way to shadow and back again.

Take care of your health. I'm sure all of us will do the best we can to keep your spirits up.

Does this mean you'll be coming round to my shack with a bowl of chicken soup and a hot blackcurrent drink? No, I didn't think so... :D

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Does this mean you'll be coming round to my shack with a bowl of chicken soup and a hot blackcurrent drink? No, I didn't think so... :D

Chicken soup, mars bars, and Monster Munch is the diet to good health from the flu.

Hope to see you back on your feet soon. You may need to put a call in to Damart to prevent further bouts... ;)

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
national park nl

treking to catch the tour boat to see the beautiful gross morne mountains at a place called Western Head, I would highly recommend anyone to visit

Attachments

• DSC03151.JPG
    DSC03151.JPG
    606.4 KB · Views: 84

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006

"At the Cross"
Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Nikon 35 mm f/1.8
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture: f/3.2
Exposure: +0.75
ISO Speed: 200

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.