Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
That is a great yellow, Alex!

Madeline (FlickR Link):

4020616519_67a0dc9b59.jpg

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009

Lions Gate Bridge, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Hey sleepypanda that bridge you captured in Tokyo Bay looks a lot like the one here in Vancovuer. Neat!! :p Maybe the engineers copied the one in Tokyo! haha.

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Yup 18-55mm. BTW I'm sort of learning photography so out of interest, why did the fact I zoomed to 55mm catch your attention? :)

it wasnt that you zoomed to 55, it was just that picture looked really close for 55mm! I'll be playing with my kit lens now :D And in response to your earlier post, that 100-300mm sounds cool! I have a tamron 70-300mm, that doubles as a 1:2 macro lens too, which is cool :) Have fun learning photography, i haven't even done it for 6 months yet and i love it :D

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
it wasnt that you zoomed to 55, it was just that picture looked really close for 55mm! I'll be playing with my kit lens now :D And in response to your earlier post, that 100-300mm sounds cool! I have a tamron 70-300mm, that doubles as a 1:2 macro lens too, which is cool :) Have fun learning photography, i haven't even done it for 6 months yet and i love it :D

Ah right! wicked! I think its time you got back into photography. Killer thread you started here! Made me start to publish a photo a day on here, facebook, flickr and my website (naturally having a mac, iPhoto takes care of the last 3 in seconds ;P)

Todays and yesterdays as I didnt have time before :(
#6 Gridlock

#7 Gradients

(Always clickable)

Pinkiy

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Surrey, UK
no where near as good as some as these on here but my addition

taken at my work in underground car park with not much lighting but came out ok.

k609bwo.jpg

Details
Camera: Cannon IXUS 90
Effects: Colour Filter on the pale Green

After: Used PS to add the indicator colour

i so want a DSLR :)

feuerschlange

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Ah right! wicked! I think its time you got back into photography. Killer thread you started here! Made me start to publish a photo a day on here, facebook, flickr and my website (naturally having a mac, iPhoto takes care of the last 3 in seconds ;P)

Todays and yesterdays as I didnt have time before :(
#6 Gridlock

#7 Gradients

(Always clickable)

I like these.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
^^^Nice one, Dale. I like the graphic quality of the shot and the complementary colors. You could probably get a little more "snap" out of it with a levels/curves adjustment to bring the highlights up. Maybe a touch of Smart Sharpen too.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
^^^Nice one, Dale. I like the graphic quality of the shot and the complementary colors. You could probably get a little more "snap" out of it with a levels/curves adjustment to bring the highlights up. Maybe a touch of Smart Sharpen too.

Thanks for the comments. It was a dull day and I found art on my car. I will reprocess this and see what it looks like.

Dale

PS: My curiosity has led me to research your posting nic. Do you have any recommendation for a "light read" book on this?

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
PS: My curiosity has led me to research your posting nic. Do you have any recommendation for a "light read" book on this?

Just about any handbook on Greek art published in the last decade would include something on this very famous sculpture. It's a fascinating artwork for many reasons, giving scholars lots to chew on. Mary Stieber recently published a whole chapter on it in her book, The Poetics of Appearance in the Attic Korai. It probably isn't best described as "light" reading, but her prose is very lively; it's not a difficult read, at any rate.

A literal translation of the name "Phrasikleia" would be something like "I speak acclaim," which I thought was appropriate when joining up on the MR forums so that I could make comments about photographs. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.