Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Click for bigger

Took an evening trip to watch the sun go down at Great Falls Park and did a small hike to the water side to watch some kayakers. I set up my tripod and as the sun went down, the sky turned pink and I felt like it was winter already!

Luckily the clear skies picked up some clouds to add a little more to the image. Unfortunately, the Grad ND filter I used really made the purple/pink seem a little too much/distracting than it was in real life. I may fix it in lightroom one day.

Canon 5D mkII - Tamron 70-300 F/4 (waiting for an updated 70-200 F/2.8 from Canon)

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
hey, no problem :)
infact, that would make a lovely wall paper if you dont mind ;)
I just lovee that photo :D (the one in this quote, and the other one if you wouldn't mind)

Thanks! Yea, not a problem at all! I would be honored haha. Just PM me your email address and I will send them over without the border that I added, just the full size photo :)

Here is one I took over the weekend. Not too shabby.

Cheers!
Mike

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

Click for bigger

Took an evening trip to watch the sun go down at Great Falls Park and did a small hike to the water side to watch some kayakers. I set up my tripod and as the sun went down, the sky turned pink and I felt like it was winter already!

Luckily the clear skies picked up some clouds to add a little more to the image. Unfortunately, the Grad ND filter I used really made the purple/pink seem a little too much/distracting than it was in real life. I may fix it in lightroom one day.

Canon 5D mkII - Tamron 70-300 F/4 (waiting for an updated 70-200 F/2.8 from Canon)

Really lovely, tonyeck. The lighting does look somewhat artificial, but it's still a highly evocative capture, making me want to listen for the sound of the rushing water. I had to click on it a second time to admire it some more. :)

/"\/oo\/"\

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
Camera: Canon
Model: 450D
ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 250mm

:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_2584.jpg
    IMG_2584.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 80

feuerschlange

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
/"\/oo\/"\;8667868 said:
Camera: Canon
Model: 450D
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 250mm

:eek:

Where? When? Whom? More?

Always curios about sports car racing ;-)

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Pleasing composition... lit just right...

I'm photographing Quaker meetings because, well, I'm not sure anyone else is. "In thirty years there won't be any Quakers left", a woman said to me. And, looking at the age of the people here, she may be right... :(

quakers.jpg

Interesting project, Doylem. Nice to know there are still groups of people in the world who don't mind being photographed.

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Ah right! wicked! I think its time you got back into photography. Killer thread you started here! Made me start to publish a photo a day on here, facebook, flickr and my website (naturally having a mac, iPhoto takes care of the last 3 in seconds ;P)

Todays and yesterdays as I didnt have time before :(
#6 Gridlock

#7 Gradients

(Always clickable)

Nahh i meant that i only started it not even 6 months ago and i love it haha :) and thanks, but its just photo of the day - noone takes credit for it apart from the original creator, whoever that was :p This month has been awesome so far though, lots of nice fall shots :D Roll on winter...
Liked your pictures by the way, i think decent black and white is quite hard to achieve and you've pulled it off real nicely. Nice contrasts :)

Not brilliant, just a real P&S look but i have nothing else to post. Also hate the colour of the car park floor - orangey yellow? euhh.

3927038058_bd6b131ffe_b.jpg

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Nahh i meant that i only started it not even 6 months ago and i love it haha :) and thanks, but its just photo of the day - noone takes credit for it apart from the original creator, whoever that was :p This month has been awesome so far though, lots of nice fall shots :D Roll on winter...
Liked your pictures by the way, i think decent black and white is quite hard to achieve and you've pulled it off real nicely. Nice contrasts :)

Ah yeh forgot it was a thread thats been carried on ;)
I've really taken a shine to photography since Ive got my DSLR it allows me to experiment with more freedom over the final image and RAW is a good bonus.
Thanks for the compliments, these were both actually scrap images from other days and I didnt have time to shoot those days so i published photos from the previous day. I actually started out with a black and white, fully manual, film course so its what I know best. (although I prefer others to the latest ones) But thanks! No photo today but I will do some serious shooting tomorrow!
Luke.

Edit: also sorry I cant provide feedback for your images colour as I'm colour blind :/ I guess that helps me shoot in B&W!

/"\/oo\/"\

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
Where? When? Whom? More?

Always curios about sports car racing ;-)

That photo (and this) were taken a little over a week ago at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, CA during the American Le Mans season finale :) The previous photo is a Mazda/Lola B09 "prototype" headed out of turn 11 onto the front straight, not sure who was driving when it was taken. The photo below is a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR followed by two Porsche 911 GT3 Cup cars, headed through turn 4

Attachments

• IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 80

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
^^ wow mike that one is even better then the day time one you had up before!

any chance i can PM aswell haha?

Hey thanks! :D
Of course you can! haha. Just PM me which photo you want for your wallpaper and I can send you the full size photo.

Today's photo....

Thought this was a cool angle to shoot the falling leaves. Not bad I guess.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Distant view...

Where Siletz Bay meets the Pacific, Taft, Oregon.

DSC_8480.jpg

Camera: NIKON
Model: D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/800 sec
Aperture: 10.0
Focal Length: 300mm

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006

Click for bigger

Beautiful! Love this one!

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
#9 Mercury

I may retake this photo as it is heavily cropped and I want a higher res photo of it. The crop was necessary as it was taken with a 18-55mm Kit lens...
Model: Canon 400D
Focal Length: 39mm
Exposure: 1/500th sec
Aperture: f8

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Newfoundland

:D tour boat heading to a place called western head, not much to look at when you get there but its the ride and the beauty of the mountains that attract your eyes.:eek:

Attachments

• P7190038.JPG
    P7190038.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.