Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadIan

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for the nice comments... I had a great time on my trip, despite over 6 out of 8 days being rainy and in the clouds. It is my first adventure with an dSLR along, and I took over 1200 pictures. I cut them down to about 100 for my flickr page, and have been posting the best of those here from time to time.

Here is one for today...Tip-Top House on the peak of Mt. Washington:
4002797684_6d7cdeab13_o.jpg

My Photo Set for the trip: flickr

booth22

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
Haven't submitted for a while... thought it looked nice as a B/W shot.

Attachments

• bw.jpg
    bw.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 148

danekhy

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2009
cbus
Cool Photograph.

What do you think of your watermark or tagging for your photography?

What does that font say? It totally changes everything for me. And in a negative way. It makes me think old, dated, blah, whatever, nothing.

Sure, mark your photos...someone might show it somewhere and you get some 'marketing' but I don't..... I say atleast mark it in some way that fits with the style of photography or is done subtly. Take a step back. If you're happy with it, cool. If you start to question it, maybe it's time to brainstorm other ways to do it.

i hafta agree with this one. superb shot, but awful location and font type for watermark. maybe try to incorporate the watermark as if it were apart of the composition.

CanadIan

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
I really like this ^^^ but I think it could possibly be improved with a little constructive cropping. There is so much colour and detail in the middle which works well with the smooth transition from blue to black at the top, but the big black area below doesn't add much to the composition.

I find with my wide angle shots I am often cropping out a section of the bottom or top to turn it into a wider aspect ratio. I do this to focus the viewer on the important bits and remove distractions.

Just a suggestion, and I am not a very experienced shooter/editor.
On another note, I really like this tutorial on cropping:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/und-crop.shtml
I think of that tutorial whenever I am considering cropping.

menzic

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
The before picture

Before my son was born...

Attachments

• IMG_4698.jpg
    IMG_4698.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 118

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Today I spent some time on an old cemetery (dating 1885). I must say autumn is the perfect season to visit a cemetery. There are more, so be prepared to be bored by tombstones....
kerkhof0047.jpg

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC

This is a photo of two recent prints I made (and my incredibly messy desk). I posted both these images in earlier photo of the day threads. I printed them on a large format photo plotter and dry mounted them on foam core. Not ideal I'm sure, but I'm pretty happy with the results give the low cost. Typically the photos I take never leave the screen, and I think that's a shame. I'm going to try my best to print more in the future.

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006

This is a photo of two recent prints I made (and my incredibly messy desk). I posted both these images in earlier photo of the day threads. I printed them on a large format photo plotter and dry mounted them on foam core. Not ideal I'm sure, but I'm pretty happy with the results give the low cost. Typically the photos I take never leave the screen, and I think that's a shame. I'm going to try my best to print more in the future.

Nice! Its always good to get an image off the screen and on to a wall :)

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
10534_185646721286_707666286_4351714_5147533_n.jpg

I took this with a lowly IXUS75, I think i would have retaken it, but it was in Amsterdam, so yeah..I wasn't at my sharpest!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.