Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adwolfe12

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2007
One of the first pictures taken with my new Rebel XS. A little over exposed but I think it looks cool.
3984356399_b5ab55b76e.jpg

Alex

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
The last few days have brought some great shots to this thread!

Very expressive and well framed. Nice to see another who usually shoots inanimate objects so successful with the face.

Dale

Thanks, Dale. I've recently had to photograph a lot of moving subjects, and it's definitely something that I find challenging. The statues I photograph require a lot less from my equipment, and they strike much better poses than real people tend to do!

A shot taken last night:
(I wasn't able to get out during the day and had an itchy shutter finger to appease)

Stargazer.jpg

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Local Civil War Reinactment.

The US Army sent some troops out that dressed up as US Calvary and did a demonstration. They were great!

Olympus E-420, Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.7/50mm (100mm equivalent) at f4.0, 1/1000, ISO100, Fotodiox C/Y to 4/3 Adapter :D

dc1236cb164b47b4921e2485df26d875

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Too bad i dont have Doylem's patience. Then maybe the boat on the far right would have been in the light and made this image better.... or maybe not, either way im pleased with the results.

A shot taken last night:
(I wasn't able to get out during the day and had an itchy shutter finger to appease)

Stargazer.jpg

Would it be possible to get a hi-res for wallpaper on my macbook?

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009

I'm really hyped on reflection photography. I love the way they turn out. I think this one is pretty neat.
Somewhere in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Anyone know what that building is called?

Cheers
Mike

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Too bad i dont have Doylem's patience. Then maybe the boat on the far right would have been in the light and made this image better.... or maybe not, either way im pleased with the results.

Ooooh, I have to agree that having the boat in the spotlight would be divine.

Would it be possible to get a hi-res for wallpaper on my macbook?

Sure, just pm me the resolution you need. :)

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I'm really hyped on reflection photography. I love the way they turn out. I think this one is pretty neat.
Somewhere in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Anyone know what that building is called?

Cheers
Mike

Nice! Those clouds look really great / clear. I've only been off the mainland a few times so I have no idea what building that is though.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Some great shots from you guys so far this month!

Here is one of mine

View this photo large!

I am currently redesigning my portfolio at http://www.tonyeckersley.com to more of my focus while I develop my photography business. One of the cool things about portfolio picking is revisiting photos taken years ago that have almost been forgotten.

Here is a photo that really fits in that category! Back in August 2006 on my first trip across country with a DSLR, we stayed in Yellowstone for a few days. It's one of the most unique places on earth and I recommend checking out the BBC documentary "Yellowstone" if you get the chance...

This day was our first day in Yellowstone, and was the perfect way to end it. The setting sun behind the clouds illuminated the horizon like I had never seen before creating these amazing horizontal sun rays across the sky.

feuerschlange

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
shooting more film recently

1. "Park Hotel" Shanghai

TX400_020%20Park%20Hotel.jpg

Leica M6, 50 lux ASPH, Tri-X 400 @ISO 3200 and pushed further in Lightroom

2. "night delivery" Shanghai

TX400_028.jpg

Leica M6, 50 lux ASPH, Tri-X 400 @ISO 3200 and pushed further in Lightroom

3. "mobile ride" Shanghai

TX400_031%20ISO6400.jpg

Leica M6, 50 lux ASPH, Tri-X 400 @ISO 3200 and pushed in Lightroom to ISO 6400 (!!!)

The last one really had me stumped, as I usually use a D3 for low light city shots. I shoot more film since a few weeks and was quite surprised, how much information film holds, even under such difficult lighting. My DSLRs collect dust, since I bought a used Leica and just one lens.

If 3 photos are not allowed in this thread, just take "Park Hotel" :rolleyes:

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood got its inspiration from nature.

I love this little guy :). Which Hollywood movie are you referring to, btw? It strikes me as "Where The Wild Things Are" but that was a book LONG before it was a movie. A movie I'm looking forward to!

I like the zoo set up here, the cheetahs actually have their food hauled around on a cable so they have to chase it and get some exercise! Here's just a simple shot of one walking away into a blurred out background. Wish the focus was just a touch further away than it is.

3980522810_2e53e0ea6a_b.jpg

I really need to get Photoshop, I almost never adjust anything on a pic (nothing here), and the most I ever do is crop them.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I love this little guy :). Which Hollywood movie are you referring to, btw? It strikes me as "Where The Wild Things Are" but that was a book LONG before it was a movie. A movie I'm looking forward to!

I really need to get Photoshop, I almost never adjust anything on a pic (nothing here), and the most I ever do is crop them.

I was more thinking about fictitious furry friends like in Gremlins

Why do you need ps if you never edit your pictures?

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Gremlins! I always wanted a pet Mogwai.

It's not that I don't edit my photos because I don't think it would help. I don't edit them because I don't have any good software for it, and don't know how to use photo editing software at all. I need to get it and need to learn so I can improve my pics.

loderunner

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
netherlands
less air, perhaps?

Hi,

this picture caught my eye; beautiful scenery and colors!
However, I couldn't help wondering about the enormous amount of fairly evenly textured sky dominating the picture.

you might perhaps consider cropping (if that it not against your principles ;-) ); I was so curious, I just made an attempt; I hope you don't mind others messing up your pictures.

I would be curious to hear opinions; it could be just a matter of differing taste?

Attachments

• EielsonSloughC_7463b.jpg
    EielsonSloughC_7463b.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 114

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi,

this picture caught my eye; beautiful scenery and colors!
However, I couldn't help wondering about the enormous amount of fairly evenly textured sky dominating the picture.

you might perhaps consider cropping (if that it not against your principles ;-) ); I was so curious, I just made an attempt; I hope you don't mind others messing up your pictures.

I would be curious to hear opinions; it could be just a matter of differing taste?

The interesting elements for me are the tonalities and textures in the foreground. Especially in the grass and water. That makes me prefer the crop to the original, even though the crop tends to put the horizon rather close to the center line of the frame.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.