Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
The interesting elements for me are the tonalities and textures in the foreground. Especially in the grass and water. That makes me prefer the crop to the original, even though the crop tends to put the horizon rather close to the center line of the frame.

Dale

Interesting. Seems to me that the crop does just the opposite with the horizon (moves it further up, away from the center). At any rate, I also prefer the crop, since it keeps the sky from competing with the rest of the image.

Mine for today, the remains of an ancient Greek residential area:

Rham_Houses1.jpg

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Great Falls is the closest National Park to where I live and I really enjoy it there over the fall and winter period.

"At Great Falls, the Potomac River builds up speed and force as it falls over a series of steep, jagged rocks and flows through the narrow Mather Gorge. The Patowmack Canal offers a glimpse into the early history of this country. Great Falls Park has many opportunities to explore history and nature, all in a beautiful 800-acre park only 15 miles from the Nation’s Capital."

http://www.nps.gov/grfa/index.htm

Fall brings some wonderful colors to the area (like most places!) while winter brings more water down the falls making them very rough, dangerous, and beautiful.

This photo was taken the first weekend I got my 5D mark II and I used a wide angle lens and a slow shutter to show the movement in the water.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Interesting. Seems to me that the crop does just the opposite with the horizon (moves it further up, away from the center). At any rate, I also prefer the crop, since it keeps the sky from competing with the rest of the image.

Mine for today, the remains of an ancient Greek residential area:

Rham_Houses1.jpg

RE: loderunner That's what I meant to say. The horizon is above the center and the overall photo looks more in balance.

Madam P: Nice ruins. You never ruin good ruins :rolleyes:

Dale

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
shot a school event monday, Cosplay Cafe for the anime club. I will be showcasing some of my favorite shots from it here.

Attachments

• cosplay_cafe  072.jpg
    cosplay_cafe 072.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 112

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Mushkego Cree camp, Moose River, Ontario

About 60 KM below Moosonee Ontario on the banks of the Moose River. Taken from a train window.

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 102

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
home made bread

not the greatest photo but sure tastes goooood

Attachments

• IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 102

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
3997849964_9e322d6bb4_b.jpg

3 Photos taken on tripod in RAW
Camera: Canon 400D
F-stop: 22
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ISO: 100

Taken for an assignment at uni. I wanted to show the scale and detail of the Cathedral... I think I succeeded?

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Was just uploading the full res version :)
Now linked
Taken for an assignment at uni. I wanted to show the scale and detail of the Cathedral... I think I succeeded?

Sorry to be so impatient, I just clicked and wanted to see it bigger. About your question. You definitely show the scale of the cathedral, however I miss detail especially in the far back.

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
here's a keeper from the cosplay cafe again. This one is going in my collection, I like it, its simple, and works, and shows the essence of her.

Attachments

• cosplay_cafe  062MR.jpg
    cosplay_cafe 062MR.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.