Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kimberlygfeller

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2009
Wow, what great shots you all have posted!

I am an amateur, but I guess i'll post one of my favorite shots from this past month anyways!

...and here's another, but it was taken a while back...

Attachments

• IMG_9483.JPG
    IMG_9483.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 116

nava

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2009
Not necessarily a great photo itself, but i saw something interesting in it...can you see the marked face? (and no i dont mean cat's face obviously) Pretty creepy... :eek:

Attachments

• meanface.jpg
    meanface.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 211

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Sorry, just got in from shooting some long exposures and couldn't help but want to post this one so... yes, I'm double dipping on the day.

oct-long.jpg

Canon EOS 5D Mark II :: 19 mm :: f 6.3 :: 73 sec :: iso 250

LOVE that shot

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Holy Macro...

Those colors, blend in nicely...

Great Capture :)

Thanks. :) I wanted to squeeze a last bit of fun out of a bouquet of flowers I had. That was the last bloom standing.

It's a pity that the figure is both obscured and out of focus, otherwise, he could register as the subject, and the photo would have a nice sense of "lazing on the lawn." But as it is, it's just a strange blob in front of a nice windmill. Why did you choose to use f/2.8? I think f/11 would have served you well in this case; you had lots of shutter speed to spare.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Very interesting lighting on this one. What were the lighting conditions? Is this in anyway staged? Perfect as usual.

Dale

Awww shucks, thanks, Dale. :) Yes, staged in the regard that I set the bouquet where I could photograph it more easily. Definitely a poorman's lighting job: I don't have any fancy lights and wanted the effect of multiple light sources, so I took a cheap little flashlight and quickly moved it from the front of the flower to the back of it during the exposure. A couple of seconds was just enough time to make it work. Nothing else done except the usual levels and white balance adjustments.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Darby (clickable)

Darby, a yellow Lab ( I think ). Belongs to a woman named Special K8. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep this dog out of the water.

Attachments

• Darby.jpg
    Darby.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 109

RabidBear

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2006
Denver. CO
Best shot ever!! I love this! It's now my background. Wow! Just Wow!

Some great shots from you guys so far this month!

Here is one of mine

View this photo large!

I am currently redesigning my portfolio at http://www.tonyeckersley.com to more of my focus while I develop my photography business. One of the cool things about portfolio picking is revisiting photos taken years ago that have almost been forgotten.

Here is a photo that really fits in that category! Back in August 2006 on my first trip across country with a DSLR, we stayed in Yellowstone for a few days. It's one of the most unique places on earth and I recommend checking out the BBC documentary "Yellowstone" if you get the chance...

This day was our first day in Yellowstone, and was the perfect way to end it. The setting sun behind the clouds illuminated the horizon like I had never seen before creating these amazing horizontal sun rays across the sky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.