Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
My "eye and hand" model hard at work once again. :)

ar29nk8tcq6gauw.jpg

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
that mantis is tiny.....would have liked to see it in a natural setting, I fond myself getting drawn to the eyes more than the mantis

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
that mantis is tiny.....would have liked to see it in a natural setting, I fond myself getting drawn to the eyes more than the mantis

Don't worry, I bombarded that mantis with plenty of shots in it's natural surroundings. It's just that every time I'm taking pics with the lady in the picture and we find a bug like that, we take that particular shot. It's our "must take" pic, if you will.

I'd be happy to post a closeup pic of the mantis tomorrow ;)

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
My "eye and hand" model hard at work once again. :)

This is a great shot, I love the perspective :)

Here's my one for the day. This one doesn't quite do the size of the kite justice, but I still like it. Maybe tomorrow I'll put up one that shows the size a little better.

C&C always appreciated.

IMG_1848.jpg

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Another night shot, UofA campus.
2900661961_0f39ffaeb3_o.jpg

C&C appreciated.

I'm not sure I get this one. The only thing about it that really catches me are the two streaks of reflecting light, and maybe the series of lights on the ground (or are those reflections too?). The rest, especially the left side, just seems to have too little going on and is too dark to really catch my attention. That could just be my tastes, though.

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
I'm not sure I get this one. The only thing about it that really catches me are the two streaks of reflecting light, and maybe the series of lights on the ground (or are those reflections too?). The rest, especially the left side, just seems to have too little going on and is too dark to really catch my attention. That could just be my tastes, though.

Guess it IS a matter of taste, because I like the composition where left is kept dark and right has that intense light source. Gives it "drama" IMHO.:)

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
"Shattered Minds"

Here's my attempt at photo-manipulation:

"Shattered Minds"
2901515290_6a5f048921_o.jpg

There's some parts I am not particularly happy about and I might change later. If there's anyone else here who does photo-manipulation any tips, criticism, or comments would be very appreciated!

P.S. I know the sig is big, disregard it is possible. It looks better than a full on water mark to me.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Chilling picture SolracSelbor

I don't usually like naming my pictures so i never mention it when i post (i just give it a quick name on flickr for the sake of easy reference), but since we have to for the photography class I'm in now...

"Anything, Anytime, Anywhere"

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Chilling picture SolracSelbor

I don't usually like naming my pictures so i never mention it when i post (i just give it a quick name on flickr for the sake of easy reference), but since we have to for the photography class I'm in now...

"Anything, Anytime, Anywhere"

You might want to move it.... It's October! Yay October! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.