Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
The Outlaw

This guy travels the country for Jelly Belly, he has a stage coach and a fire truck, both of which shoot flames out of the exhaust (mixed with a nice Cinnamon smell). After a fun 'hopping' run down the track, he comes back to the line and does a 12-14 second 1/4 mile with the front end up the entire length. Then he comes back to the middle of the track, gets out, and throws bags of Jelly Beans to everyone. I'm the track photographer, so I was able to stand in the opposite lane and get a nice shot of him going by.

jelly_belly_firetruck.jpg

Canon EOS 20D :: 17 mm :: f 4 :: 1/60 sec

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
CCTV the setting sun.

Nikon D40, 30mm

I don't think this is a surveillance camera, as it is mounted on car that's parked on the walkway of a tram station.
I guess they're shooting a night time-lapse witch a camera swivel, or sth. like that.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Well it looks like a coal loader conveyer system from a power plant supply station. Very similar to something at the Hudson Power Station here in New York State. I had pictures of that but this could be some twisted persons' mind of a water slide as well :p

Damn, but that's only half a pint. It's a (former) steel factory in Duisburg made into a park.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Well, thank you...

Photographing in the Pennine hills over the weekend, I found these two guys flying their radio-controlled gliders. I recognised kindred spirits. They were looking at the landscape like I do: a bit too intently. I look for light, and signs of light, while they were looking for wind, and signs of wind (like the behaviour of the birds, and the way the water was rippling on the lake in the valley below). If the wind suddenly stops, their gliders can plummet into the valley (and it’s a long way down...), so they’re really ‘tuned in’ to their surroundings...

glidersbn4.jpg

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
CCTV the setting sun.

Nikon D40, 30mm

I don't think this is a surveillance camera, as it is mounted on car that's parked on the walkway of a tram station.
I guess they're shooting a night time-lapse witch a camera swivel, or sth. like that.

Sigh..........you make me miss Amsterdam!!! But knowing my dear old Holland it could also be Den Haag ;-)

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Sigh..........you make me miss Amsterdam!!! But knowing my dear old Holland it could also be Den Haag ;-)

I guess I have to disappoint you here.
The photo was taken in Vienna at the Südbahnhof train station. People like to ride their bikes here too.
The van Gogh Banner refers to an exhibition at the Albertina in Vienna.

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
I guess I have to disappoint you here.
The photo was taken in Vienna at the Südbahnhof train station. People like to ride their bikes here too.
The van Gogh Banner refers to an exhibition at the Albertina in Vienna.

Yeah I figured it could be another country...just that the scenery made me miss those surroundings in Holland..a LOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.