Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I think it's the same thing as his plastic sheep ... ;)

Plastic sheep... pah!

Sheep audition for parts in my pictures.

A catwalk in Crummackdale...

catwalkvs7.jpg

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Ja,

This is an amazing photograph. Is there any way I could have full version or desktop size? I've never asked anyone, but this pic would be great b/c I have my dock and folders/files on the right. What settings did you use?

Cheers,
keebler

Hi Keebler, thank you for the compliments! If you pm me an e-mail and a the resolution you would need for your desktop I'll definitely send it to you. For this shot I used Canon's 180 L series Macro, with f/10 and shutter 1/250, ISO 400. I also had their 580 EX II flash set up on a stand to the side, shooting through an umbrella.

Awesome! An Argiope aurantia, also known as a garden orb weaver or a writing spider. :)

Thanks dllavaneras! I was wondering what type the little guy was :).

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Demo

Demonstration during "Quad Day" for new University students to check out clubs on campus. This girl was performing a Korean sword form.

IMG_3767.jpg

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
thr33face I like how you spotted the honey comb:cool:

I'm giving a shot at cyc/seemless white

edit: I know one picture per day...but i've been working on it a bit more and would like to know which version you guys like better (click to go to flickr page)

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
thr33face
edit: I know one picture per day...but i've been working on it a bit more and would like to know which version you guys like better (click to go to flickr page)

#1. Its very cool. How did you do that, with the background being so white, and also you have a reflection on the bottom. Very well done

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
thr33face I like how you spotted the honey comb:cool:

thank you.

The white version does it for me. The light just looks smoother and nicer (to me)

ingouk

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
Birmingham UK
selfridges

one from last evening, before the security guards asked us to stop taking photos.

Attachments

• Selfridges_bw.jpg
    Selfridges_bw.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 104

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
"Beyond The Mist"

Wonderfully smooth.
Even though the colour and mist make it appear as if it was a very calm place, the water and especially the birds give me the "i am right there" feeling. I can feel a breeze, smell the ocean water, hear waves clashing and the distant screams of birds.
I am right there in a rain coat, throwing stones into the water.

The birds are wonderful as a size reference, and because one does not see them at first glance the scene is suddenly "growing" when one spots them.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Fail

My friend with his new wakeboard / boat, trying to do a 360. Nothing special, but I laughed watching it so I thought I'd share it. I could tell as he was going into it that all he was thinking was "spin spin spin spin spin spin spin" and not about, you know, holding onto the rope.

IMG_3572.jpg

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
"I could be any random album cover!"

Nikon D40, 50mm (it's a clickable image, click it and it'll get bigger)

BoingoBongo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
That picture is great because it looks like it's from the 60's or something...except for the guy with the iPod. :D

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Thank you for all your commentsthr33face, mondesi43 and marclapierre13:)

marclapierre13, rather than telling how how I did, how about I'll show you where I learned how to do 90% of that shot;). Check out the "White Seemless" tutorials here (4 parts, plus a video where he answers questions and shows you some of the post processing).

and mine for today...(also learned from the link provided above)

I know I'm wearing the same sweater as yesterday...but I don't feel like doing my hair all nice for the photo after a long day of school...so hood it is

mondesi43

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
Thank you for all your commentsthr33face, mondesi43 and mondesi43:)

mondesi43, rather than telling how how I did, how about I'll show you where I learned how to do 90% of that shot;). Check out the "White Seemless" tutorials here (4 parts, plus a video where he answers questions and shows you some of the post processing).

I wasn't asking how to do it. I just think it's great work. I'm way too ADD to anything close to what you did in that shot. I stick to simple pics of my wife, my 1 month old boy, and our animals.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
My guess is, he put his Nikon D200 on a tripod, set it to ISO 100, set the aperture to f20 (the near maximum that his lens allowed in order to use as long shutter speed as possible to achieve the water motion blur) and shutter speed to half a second, all in manual exposure mode with spot metering, focused his 70mm prime lens to the leaf and pushed the trigger on his remote cable shutter release. :)
He's good.

Yes, right in every respect (except it was an 18-70 lens); it's like you were standing beside me...

I just saw a leaf in this little waterfall (bottom left, in thumbnail below) that was stuck so securely to a rock, underwater, that the flow of water wasn't shifting it. Mystery solved... :)

Thanks guys. The leaf was the mysterious part, didn't realize it was underwater. :p Fantastic photo.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
I wasn't asking how to do it. I just think it's great work. I'm way too ADD to anything close to what you did in that shot. I stick to simple pics of my wife, my 1 month old boy, and our animals.

Right...i meant to reply to marclapierre13:eek:
*goes back to edit post so you're user name isn't put in twice in my earlier post*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.