Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew said:
lol! perfectly illustrates the inadequacy of textual communication.

hey, im not textually inadequate! i was nervous... it was my fist time... i don't do well under pressure.

ok, so i am textually inadequate... so what. i think most guys are, right? right guys? :eek:

:p

bousozoku - i knew what i was getting myself into. i prefer to be semi-nude when taking photos... which is why i'm semi-nude while driving also. :D

is it cold in here or is it just me? ;)

well, im off to a photo shoot at HP.

peace.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
eyelikeart said:
I do believe that's nearly as bad as the "eye" jokes that ciculate around here. :D ;)

Nice shot nonetheless. Here's something I grabbed the other night while out. :)
Hmm, that building looks very much like one in the manual for my Canon Speedlite 440 EX... except there's no person in the foreground.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
further down the snail...

a few more hardshells:

0094.jpg

0095.jpg

<stuck at work on the weekend :(>

peace.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
neut said:
a few more hardshells:

<stuck at work on the weekend :(>

peace.

At least you can obviously use the internet at work....hopefully soon I'll be able to sleep at work :)

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.

Attachments

• Pipes.jpg
    Pipes.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 161

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
idkew said:
and this was a funny bumper sticker. the last three letters of the license plate are fitting.

i wonder what the fine print said. i could not get close enough.

OMG, that made my day. That's hysterical. :D

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
This picture is pretty fitting of Florida...didn't even realize I was at florida when I took it :)

Attachments

• florida.jpg
    florida.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 146

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
e-coli and idkew--those abstracts are neat. I like "make you think" photos.

zync, if you weren't aware you were "at Florida" you should produce some stimulating abstracts, too.:D Is the FL sky polarized or just nice and deep blue?

Anyone have much luck with polarizers on digital shots? I haven't seen much difference--easier to do in PS.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
JDar said:
e-coli and idkew--those abstracts are neat. I like "make you think" photos.

zync, if you weren't aware you were "at Florida" you should produce some stimulating abstracts, too.:D Is the FL sky polarized or just nice and deep blue?

Anyone have much luck with polarizers on digital shots? I haven't seen much difference--easier to do in PS.

Actually that's one of my few shots that are unedited (other than sizing of course)....the blue in that shot really isn't that great...it is however a nice blue pretty much all year round. The best sky shots come when the temp lowers in fall.

I've made some "make you think" photos but I haven't had much time lately to work on them. I have been working on this image however. It's a compilation of north carolina photos I took last year (while waiting to go again this year :))....

Attachments

• nature.jpg
    nature.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 155

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
zync said:
I've made some "make you think" photos but I haven't had much time lately to work on them. I have been working on this image however. It's a compilation of north carolina photos I took last year (while waiting to go again this year :))....

very nice... reminds me of: http://www.uelsmann.net/

e-coli an yahooz - excellent abstracts. :)

i finally got on http://www.fuh2.com :D too bad my photo isn't too great and the other with 'jen'... i should have posted the one i took; i liked the cropping a bit better. doesn't matter though – **** those hummer bitches!

peace. ;)

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
<<<It's a compilation of north carolina photos I took last year (while waiting to go again this year>>>

yea, in the mind's eye it's easy to enjoy walking up those stone steps and sitting on the flat rock to contemplate awhile. Nice work.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
neut said:
very nice... reminds me of: http://www.uelsmann.net/

It's so funny you should say that! I love Uelsmann and I have two of his books. While not my original inspiration I began to think it looked like his work too! Of course, since I thought that I began to think in that frame of mind. The original inspiration was a person on deviantArt and the finished product (this is a seperate piece AND a backdrop) will have more Uelsmannish features. That's really cool you thought that man. Do you like Uelsmann? I'm hoping to set up a studio one day and do multiple negative prints as well.

Jdar: Thanks for the compliment. That is sort of what I was going for. The actual complete work can be printed pretty huge like poster size +, so hopefully I'll be doing that and hanging it. I'll probably make a custom frame for it and all that jazz. I'll let you guys know when it's finished. The current size of the project is about 230MB. I just wish I had better facilities to work on it...you know a few 23" Cinema Displays, an XServe 42U rack completely filled, a Wacom Cintiq would be nice, etc. etc. :D

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Gee, haven't been around here for a long long time.
I mean Ciao rigazzi etc.
I'm back from Italia with four rolls of film waiting to be developed...
So no photos for now.

Speaking of photographica, I've got work experience with a pro photographer around the end of June so I should be able to master the arts of commercial photography.

I've got some cool shots of a fire we had a while ago, long exposures put on some cool effects.
I'll get 'em up soon.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
zync and I were running around Tampa shooting yesterday. :D

There were some really nice parks but it kept raining, so we did not take so much. Here are a few, including a shot of zync.

Attachments

• P5031102.jpg
    P5031102.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 148
  • P5031104.jpg
    P5031104.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 168
  • P5031113.jpg
    P5031113.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 146
  • P5031117.jpg
    P5031117.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 157

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Nice shots. I had to see how you made the silhouette of zync and did the levels things to check it out.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
JDar said:
Nice shots. I had to see how you made the silhouette of zync and did the levels things to check it out.

I just shot from below as he was leaning over the railing. Besides, he would have killed me if I would have taken a clear shot. :D I didn't use Photoshop to alter the photos except to resize them for the web.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
bousozoku said:
I just shot from below as he was leaning over the railing. Besides, he would have killed me if I would have taken a clear shot. :D I didn't use Photoshop to alter the photos except to resize them for the web.

I wouldn't have killed you :D OK, maybe, who knows? Anyway I'll post up some of my shots later, once I get home. Also, if any of you email me or want to look at my site, I'm sorry as my domain name is down. Hopefully my hosting company will get these server switching problems over and done with....

BTW, I like the way your caterpillar shot came out...I don't think mine came out as good....I haven't gotten them on the computer yet or I'd post them...

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
well, here is one of my shots of bousozoku trying to get closer and closer to take a picture of this duck....it was pretty funny :)

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 170

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
zync said:
well, here is one of my shots of bousozoku trying to get closer and closer to take a picture of this duck....it was pretty funny :)

Hey, it's difficult to get good duck, except in Chinese restaurants! :D

Attachments

• P5031120.jpg
    P5031120.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 151

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
By now, you're accustomed to my wrestling photos. I shot this one last week, which was a little close, but looks as good at full rez as those I've seen in magazines. (Not everyone will agree with me, I'm sure! :D)

Attachments

• P5081257.jpg
    P5081257.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 148

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
centipede race

in keeping with the sports thread--a centipede race at about 7000 feet. The contestants were widely spread out and struggling with the altitude. I was actually testing the macro function on a new Nikon 2100--for a cheap sub-compact 2 MP camera that fits in your palm or shirt pocket it's doing well. Better than knocking around my better camera while walking or biking.

Attachments

• High-bug.jpg
    High-bug.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.