Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
JDar said:
in keeping with the sports thread--a centipede race at about 7000 feet. The contestants were widely spread out and struggling with the altitude. I was actually testing the macro function on a new Nikon 2100--for a cheap sub-compact 2 MP camera that fits in your palm or shirt pocket it's doing well. Better than knocking around my better camera while walking or biking.

Nice colour and clarity you wouldn't expect from a camera of that size or price point. It's a good thing that the camera wasn't struggling at that altitude since that's getting up there for a lot of electronic equipment.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Escape from the cage

The sport of growing iris when there are mule deer everywhere that want to nip leaves to check if it's any good to eat: it's not, they always decide, but 25 nips a day on the leaves isn't great for the plant. They will leave the bloom alone, usually.

This is another test shot from the cheap Nikon Coolpix 2100.

Attachments

• Iris-5-16-2004.jpg
    Iris-5-16-2004.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 142

dhan

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2004
firs ttime posting

hi guys firs ttime posting - pic from a retreat mountain i went up to

Attachments

• IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 135

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
Two 50 year old brothers and a young relative stopping before heading up into the mountains. These two old guys are awesome and still come in the top ten of all age groups tackling the annual 100 mile mountain race which goes over two category one climbs.

The camera is a crappy little Xion spypen, which captures the moments, but not in the greatest quality

Attachments

• assorted 0021.jpg
    assorted 0021.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.