Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Windermere, Lake District, UK

whiteqi3.jpg

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Now that is a capture of epic proportions! Beautiful. You must have been waiting for days... I'm still waiting to get that close to a wild eagle. I feel congratulations are in order! You rule.:D

Thank you, and also to Doylem for the compliments! :)

Went up to Conowingo and, waited for hours, not days! The eagles come to Conowingo in November and December and then after that they're gone, so our window of opportunity for shooting them is fairly limited. This was shot with my brand-new D300 -- I was gratified at how quickly that camera autofocuses and holds the focus, too, while following the BIF. So this was a combination of luck, good light, some skill (still learning the process of successful captures of BIF) and good equipment..... I will be going back to Conowingo a few more times to continue seeing how the camera will perform. So far I am very pleased with it!

ACbc

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
I like not coming here for a few days and then looking through because then there's a good 3 or 4 pages of cool photos to look at all at once. :) thanks all.

2055123123_7668702b00.jpg

Nikon D50
18-200 VR @ 56mm
f/5
1/80 second
ISO 400
pop up flash fired...i think at -1.3 EV
heavily photoshopped....i wont lie

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Sorry for the pet picture, I just bought a new lens (Canon 50mm f/1.8) and needed a something to shoot. I just have to say you guys/girls take some amazing pictures, I'm really liking the HDR photos. It's not as easy as it sounds. I've tried a couple and they have ended up looking bad.

daisy-3.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
To isolate the church from the tree?

With the church lit up against an evening sky, I just think you could get a really good shot... with a bit of fore-thought. The composition could be improved, to show the church unencumbered by trees.

There'll be a point in the late afternoon (this isn't quite it...) when the artificial light and the ambient light will be in a kind of balance - to bring out the richness of colour in both the sky and the stonework. If you possibly have the time, set your camera up on a tripod and take a series of shots, say, every five minutes, for an hour, beginning at 4pm... until you find the two light sources complementing each other. The best night shots seem to happen when there is still a bit of light in the sky (ie not black)...

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Awesome! I used to have a Sony DSC-H5 and the Raynox 250 and loved it! I can't wait to get a 105mm macro for my D40 so I can get great macros like this!

Thanks! :) I'm glad you liked it. And I agree, the Raynox lens is the best addition I could have bought for my camera :D I'd love to see some of your shots when you get the 105mm macro!

@valdore: Awesome HDR pics! Truly spectacular :)

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Acrocinus longimanus

Taken on a recent class trip:

Acrocinus longimanus
Canon S2 IS + Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro lens
1/60, f8, ISO 50, handheld.

*sorry for the choppy low res crop, but I lost the original in a hard drive crash last week. Ironically, the day before the backup was scheduled... :(

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Taken on a recent class trip:Acrocinus longimanus

It's nice to see your images in here again! You know, I always thought bugs were scary and gross but you bring a certain beauty and mystery out of them.:)

Seven time world champion, Kelly Slater making a mess of knee high surf.
kellyslater1.jpg

Warning! Large Image!
L1+zd70-300mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.