Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
Very nice, and chance of a larger (1680 x 1050) file for a wallpaper? I'm looking forward to my Le Mans trip next year so I can take some pictures of some modern cars.
Thanks, and I am sorry but no wallpapers for this. I've also turned down requests for prints. My 16x24 is a 1/1, and I'm making an 8x12 to send to Alan in London. Other than that there will be no other prints or high-res digital copies.

Are you going to Le Mans this coming June? We are planning to attend, but probably not before 2009 and maybe not until 2010. American Le Mans Series (ALMS) is our favorite race series. We're planning 3-4 events this coming year (Sebring, Road America, Road Atlanta, and TBD).

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
An early heat in the Windermere Biathlon: angling and tai chi...

fishingto6.jpg

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
very nice pciture. must be exciting to go to events like that. around here there isnt much of that.
Not sure where in Canada you are, but ALMS races at Mosport (near Toronto) in August/September; ChampCar has 3 Canadian races (Edmonton, Mont-Tremblant, and Toronto); and Formula 1 races at Montreal in June. All great racing events.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Ya, i am a little ways from vancouver. i know we have mission and saratoga speedway, but still those are a little ways away. i may have to dedicate a day next year to go to a race or 2.

Doylem: again, really nice colours. I think you should have got the subject to not move though, the blur is distracting.

hey, im new to THIS photography part of the forum. i dunno how you guys do it here, do you comment and critique some of the shots, or no? i know other forums do it, get advice and imput to help get better.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
VALDORE: do you just use 1 image to make an HDR, or more?

It can be done both ways. Traditionally it is done with 3 or more different exposures of the same composition merged together (best for when there is no movement anywhere). For this photo above though I just took the RAW and gave it exposure biases in Aperture of +2, 0, and -2, exported the versions and then merged them in Photomatix. I'm finding that I actually like doing it from one RAW more, for whatever reason.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
It can be done both ways. Traditionally it is done with 3 or more different exposures of the same composition merged together (best for when there is no movement anywhere). For this photo above though I just took the RAW and gave it exposure biases in Aperture of +2, 0, and -2, exported the versions and then merged them in Photomatix. I'm finding that I actually like doing it from one RAW more, for whatever reason.

Interesting, ive never tried it that way before. Ive tried it with (composition?) bracket, and also just taking 3-5 pictures in JPEG or RAW, and trying it that way.
I dont have much experience with HDR yet, but ill get some time in playing with it soon enough.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Getting his "wild thing" on...

Yeah, I know... clichéd kid shot - but cute. He was concentrating so hard to not move while the brush tickled his face... b/w film, printed, scanned.

face%20paint.jpg

Canon EOS A2
Canon 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM
No exif recorded

Freebooter: Nice framing on the temple shot.

Epicwelshman I'm glad you're still with us. It sure beats the alternative... ;) I like the swan shot, especially the ripply reflections of color.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Morpho peleides

Taken yesterday on a trip to my university's botanical garden.

Morpho peleides
Canon S2 IS + Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro lens
1/60, f7.1, ISO 50, handheld

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
bald eagle close-up
Conowingo Dam, Darlington, MD
November 25, 2007
Nikon D300
Nikon 300mm f/2.8 lens with 1.7x TC
f/10 @ 1/1250 sec
ISO: 640
Now that is a capture of epic proportions! Beautiful. You must have been waiting for days... I'm still waiting to get that close to a wild eagle. I feel congratulations are in order! You rule.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.