Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macmike47

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
On the road
Yes, at first glance it looks dramatic, but then you see the cords from the kite and you mentally rotate the image to make visual sense of it. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't understand the point of tilting photographs... especially when there's water involved. :)

Precisely my point - the rotation turns an uninteresting photo into something that plays with your eyes a little. Normally I'm not a fan of tilting photos either, but here it adds to the photo rather than detracting from it.

Anyway, this was taken a couple of weeks back. Sony DSC-W1. 1/400 shutter. ISO 400.

Attachments

• DSC08382.jpg
    DSC08382.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 203

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
That's totally, utterly, unbelievable. Wow. So yeah, did you go to the AI with him?

I shot their wedding on Tuesday, they were just here at my house earlier today... So weird! Haha. I went to high school with him.

Hehe, it is crazy indeed.

No, we haven't actually met in person. We met a few years ago on… well… a Hilary Duff website. :rolleyes:

I recall pushing him over the edge toward getting a Mac actually! (At least, that's how my ego remembers it.)

Wow, Now I think about it, I guess it's been 4 or 5 years I've known PJ.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Hehe, it is crazy indeed.

No, we haven't actually met in person. We met a few years ago on… well… a Hilary Duff website. :rolleyes:

I recall pushing him over the edge toward getting a Mac actually! (At least, that's how my ego remembers it.)

Wow, Now I think about it, I guess it's been 4 or 5 years I've known PJ.

I think that makes this meeting even more random! Ha. Weird. I'll have to ask him about this, haha. Yeah, he's totally into Apple now, iPhone and all, even.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Martinotti's

A shot taken in an Italian deli in downtown Portland, OR. Shot with b/w film, and scanned from a workprint.

martinottis.jpg

Canon EOS A2
Canon 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 USM
Kodak Tmax 400

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Valdore... As others have said, that's a terrific shot of the Intercontnental Hotel. It's like the Sims: a snapshot of each room... each one slightly different, which only serves to emphasise that they're really all the same... Everybody on their own, with the TV on. And when the energy runs out, in 2027, we can use this picture to show just how wasteful we used to be. :eek:

The shot also emphasises that photographs generally need more planning than just standing on a street corner and pointing the camera upwards...

But sometimes they just happen... Morecambe Bay, UK (Big horses, small woman... always a winning combination...)

horseonbeachyo6.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
thanks for the feedback on that last one everybody. I usually don't like uneven horizons myself... looks like the ocean is spilling out!

This dude was getting some sick air!! I tilted the camera 90 degrees here.

_1030952.jpg

click for larger image
L1+zd70-300mm
1/1000sec
f/5.6
ISO 250
277mm​

posix

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2007
Yad40t

YAD40T - Yet Another D40 Test

yad40taz2.jpg

Think I might invest in a tripod and a remote control... I want to try and get an image of the lightbulb when just the wire-coil is red... Pretty difficult when trying hand-held...

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
Just having fun with my new Rebel XTI while sipping some coffee in front of my iMac. I'm in no way a professional, nor do I pretend to be. Just a hobbyist learning the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 99

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Classic Bean, you don't give yourself enough credit--I could see your photo being used in an Apple ad (or perhaps even a coffee ad). By the way, I love your signature. I'm currently one of those former A students.:rolleyes:

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
Classic Bean, you don't give yourself enough credit--I could see your photo being used in an Apple ad (or perhaps even a coffee ad). By the way, I love your signature. I'm currently one of those former A students.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliment. With respect to my signature, just having a little fun. A few - in fact many - of my friends are teachers. I have the utmost respect for them (at least the good ones in my crew; some are a bit lazy). I just really fancy the quote.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Classic bean, i am the same way. I am just an amateur, and proud of it. I like to go out and explore the different things in my camera and play around with it....thats where most of the fun is :D

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Four year old having fun in the disco

Trying to capture the fun a four year old can have in a pitch dark disco.

IMG_1196s.jpg

1/60s f/1.8 ISO3200 85mm, stopped down 2/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.