Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
DSC_1331_3_4_2_tonemapped.jpg

HDR from 5 images using Photomatix. A bit of Downtown Fort Myers from the Main street parking garage. Some storms were rolling in.

Camera: Nikon D40
Shutter: from 1/3 a second to 5 seconds
Aperture: f/11
ISO: 200
Lens: 18-55mm
Focal Length: 18mm

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn

that's niiiice. I'd like a straighter crop, to align it with that horizontal shadow at the bottom. :cool:

you guys rock! Not a day goes by that I don't see inspiring work in here.:)

Grommet going for a barrel... dawn patrol in Cocoa Beach, FL the morning of the Sean Slater Invitational. Nov 10, 2007.
L1=zd70-300mm

love the sun coming through that water, beautiful capture.

I shot my first (and hopefully last) wedding today/tonight. They didn't want anything too commercial at all, which is why they came to me. :p So yeah, these are none too formal. (I'll probably make a thread later)
In the words of my friend (the groom), it was "rednecks meet the Orient." His wife is from Japan. I loved her family, so charming and funny. (they looks serious here, though)

Pretty happy with the way most of the shots turned out, especially with this being my first shoot like this, and the first time using my flash real hardcore.

Canon 20d
EF 17-40mm f/4L @ f/4 and 17mm
1/80s
ISO 200
(flash diffused and bounced off ceiling)

mamiisFamilySM.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I guess we all need our TP...

The only good thing about this clearcut in the Oregon coastal range... is that it's on fairly level ground. It gets real bad when they log on steep slopes due to erosion with the winter rains... another of my Canon point 'n shoot images...

IMG_2399.JPG

Model: Canon PowerShot A95
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/1250 sec
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 7.8mm

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
The only good thing about this clearcut in the Oregon coastal range... is that it's on fairly level ground. It gets real bad when they log on steep slopes due to erosion with the winter rains... another of my Canon point 'n shoot images...

Let me guess. A new tract house subdivision named after the species of tree that's being destroyed?

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
I did my second (and also hopefully last) wedding this past weekend. Here's of the resulting photographs.

_IGP9048.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the way this shoot turned out. But weddings are stressful and now I have the pleasure of sifting through about 900 images.

SLC

Padaung

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2007
UK
Here's an old one of mime. Taken whilst inter-railing around Europe. Orange train station, south of France.

Leica CL
28mm Leica/Minolta lens
F2.8
Slow shutter speed!

The blur is actually a container on a passing freight train - I started the exposure when an empty trailer went by, and then a container came into view for the end.

Attachments

• Orange.JPG
    Orange.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 127

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Doylem, that is a stunning photo--congratulations! It looks very much like an 18th-century landscape painting, as if you had gone to the same spot and taken a photo instead. Truly breathtaking!

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I did my second (and also hopefully last) wedding this past weekend. Here's of the resulting photographs.
[/snip]
I'm pretty happy with the way this shoot turned out. But weddings are stressful and now I have the pleasure of sifting through about 900 images.

SLC

totally. I hate the feeling I got while I was there.. like I was some piece of rented equipment. The bride and groom were great, it was their parents, and relatives.. "hey Chris, get a shot of this. Do that. Do this. How about a shot here? What about this? Get a shot of him. One of her. Can you get four shots of me and her, where we're making different faces in each? Can you do some backflips and juggle while taking photos? Thanks, that'd be great."

Ha, maaaan. 900 images eh? Yeah I came up with just over 800. UGH.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
DSC_0370IR_BW-copy.jpg

Old Picnic Spot
Near Chiang Mai, Thailand
November 18, 2007.
Nikon D40
Nikkor-H 28mm​

Early morning shot. IR filter.
Nice shot freebooter, I hope you are enjoying your travels around Asia. Which camera are you permanently using? Are you saving up for a different one? I've seen you post shots from a D40, D40x, and a D80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.