Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Thought it would be fun to share one of your best every day - doesn't matter what it is, just as long as it is decent (no nudes or overly graphic shots). You can add a picture everyday as long as it is different.

It does not matter when the picture was taken, as long as you only post ONE SINGLE IMAGE per day. Make sure to post a date, location and description.

Please use this format when posting:

Blue Angels Flight Demonstration, U.S. Naval Academy/Severn River 5/24/06

And if you like, post your EXIF data, so others may learn if they want to - but please use the following format (optional). If you do not know what you have or only have a couple of bits, post those, but in the order listed below, leaving out the titles of what you do not have, please.

Camera: Canon EOS 20D
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 220mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/1000 @ f11
Lens: EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM

blueangel1.jpg

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Is theis the USA equivalent of the RAF's Red Arrows team? They do stuff like this at air displays, public events etc., only there's nine planes at once.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
This is one of my landscape photos from vacation in the Caribbean. It was edited in iPhoto (slightly). I probably have more (which some might say are better), but this is one of my favorite.

BTW: iGary, love that pic!

EDIT: By iGary's request:

I took it in St. John (USVI) on March 30, 2006. I took it with my Canon SD10 (fairly old camera)

*Expose = 1/800

*Aperture = 5.0

*I'm not a professional photographer, so if those aren't the correct way to show it I'm sorry. I just took that from the EXIF data/iPhoto Info.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
dynamicv said:
Is theis the USA equivalent of the RAF's Red Arrows team? They do stuff like this at air displays, public events etc., only there's nine planes at once.

Yes, there are 7 on this team. This was just a two-man part of the demonstration.

Nice pic, Yankee. I could use a week of that lately. :) Why don't you edit your post, lest us know where in the Caribbean it is, and what the date it was taken (or thereabouts).

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Taken May 16th, 2006....or around 12 days ago.

It's a sunrise, and I was staying on a small farm for the night. Got up to have breakfast, and quickly grabbed my camera and took shots because I never usually see windmills or whatever you'd call them. Oh, and that part of Oz gets a lot of pink skies during sunrise and sunset. Amazing.

@Yankeefan: The colour turned out really great in that photo. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,153

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
This is a friend that was playing with my iMac. It was so hilarious, especially with that make-up on!

10wk8km.jpg

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Abstract said:
Taken May 16th, 2006....or around 12 days ago.

It's a sunrise, and I was staying on a small farm for the night. Got up to have breakfast, and quickly grabbed my camera and took shots because I never usually see windmills or whatever you'd call them. Oh, and that part of Oz gets a lot of pink skies during sunrise and sunset. Amazing.

@Yankeefan: The colour turned out really great in that photo. :)

What part of Australia, Abstract? :)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
iGary said:
Yes, there are 7 on this team. This was just a two-man part of the demonstration.

Excellent. I don't know if you've seen your guys up close, but some of the things the Red Arrows do are just amazing. I suspect they probably share a lot of moves.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
dynamicv said:
Excellent. I don't know if you've seen your guys up close, but some of the things the Red Arrows do are just amazing. I suspect they probably share a lot of moves.

I will wait until tomorrow (rules, rules) to post one with all of them in it. :)

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
This was taken last year on Easter. My son was having a great time at the Easter Egg hunt. It is by far one of my favorite pics, it really caputres the fun spirit my boy has. He was 1 and a half at the time.

Easter Egg Hunt, My backyard in San Antonio, Texas, 3/28/2005

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 862

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
nospleen said:
This was taken last year on Easter. My son was having a great time at the Easter Egg hunt. It is by far one of my favorite pics, it really caputres the fun spirit my boy has. He was 1 and a half at the time.

Remember to put the location and date, if possible. (like Austin Fairgrounds 4/24/05 - or whatever - I know that's not right, but you get it. )

He DOES look like he is having a blast. :D

I think it will make this more interesting:

Lets try this format:

Blue Angels Flight Demonstration, U.S. Naval Academy/Severn River 5/24/06

(What it is, where, date).

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
iGary said:
Remember to put the location and date, if possible. (like Austin Fairgrounds 4/24/05 - or whatever - I know that's not right, but you get it. )

He DOES look like he is having a blast. :D

Updated... ;)

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
iGary said:
He's a Junior, right?

Yep! We have always called him Deuce, like number two. I don't even think he knows his name is Brandon. Must be nice to be 2 and a half with a cool nickname. :p

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
I love this idea iGary! Any chance that some of the more expert among you can also post Camera/Exposure stats so us wannabies can learn a thing or two while checking out these pics?

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
cool idea igary

NOW
Luxembourg, from my window
ING Marathon (1st Marathon in Luxembourg), Leader and Second, KM 24

Attachments

• marathon-light.jpg
    marathon-light.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 938

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
3 Jack Russell Terrier puppies. Taken March '06
All have been sold to good homes and are doing well.

Click on pic for larger version.

Attachments

• wallpaper.jpg
    wallpaper.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 867

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iGary, a great idea!

belair said:
NOW
Luxembourg, from my window
ING Marathon (1st Marathon in Luxembourg), Leader and Second, KM 24

Not to steal thunder from iGary, but your pic was what I had hopes of people sharing in this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/203704/

Hope that the mods won't mind - but a re-post of this image there would be a nice addition. :)

Really like your capture of the moment. Worthy of being used in the press to illustrate the story.

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
Not quite as close as the US boys in iGary's photo, but here we go. The Red Arrows, at the Royal International Air Tattoo at USAF Fairford, Gloucestershire, UK, in July 2005:

Attachments

• PICT0951.jpg
    PICT0951.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 681

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
cgratti said:
3 Jack Russell Terrier puppies. Taken March '06
All have been sold to good homes and are doing well.

Click on pic for larger version.

Even if you take the picture at home, put down something like:

Jack Russell pupies at home, Anytown, MD 3/06

The town and state, or town and country is what makes this kind of interesting, as does the date. :)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
London Eye - London, UK 2/06

:) I was blessed with great weather on my only real day in London (lost a day due to food poisoning on my flight to the UK from Iceland :eek .

BTW: Nikon D50, 10.5 fish eye, ISO 400, 1/400 at f/10

I also remember vividly at my feelings on being so far from my home in the US. I felt like a kid at Disney World.:) To see firsthand what I had seen in books and pictures.

I'll never forget coming out from the Tube at Westminster station and being dumped out at the base of Big Ben. :) Still brings tears to my eyes in remembering that moment.

Attachments

• DSC_0005-110.5 mm f?2.8.jpg
    DSC_0005-110.5 mm f?2.8.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,292

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
Chip NoVaMac said:
Really like your capture of the moment. Worthy of being used in the press to illustrate the story.

Thanks chip! But I forgot to crank up the iso just a little bit. The runners would have been in focus.
Damn I wish I had my new Nikon 18-200 lens, I could have gotten some nice shots today. ahh, got to love backorders…

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
belair said:
Thanks chip! But I forgot to crank up the iso just a little bit and the runners would have been in focus.
Damn I wish I had my new Nikon 18-200 lens, I could have gotten some nice shots today. ahh, backorders…

With the image you shared, it looks sharp (to a degree). In keeping with iGary's thoughts, what camera and shooting data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.