Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Dongdeagu Station

NovemberStnPost.jpg

November 10, 2006.
Daegu, South Korea
Sony DSC R1
iso 400
f/4.8@o.oo625s
71.5mm​

The bullet train (KTX) to Seoul pulls into the station. It goes as fast as 300 kmph. Pretty cheap, too.

Whiteapple

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
Haute Savoie,France

November 10, 2006.
Daegu, South Korea
Sony DSC R1
iso 400
f/4.8@o.oo625s
71.5mm​

The bullet train (KTX) to Seoul pulls into the station. It goes as fast as 300 kmph. Pretty cheap, too.

I did not know these trains where already in use. They are, as you know, made by the french, copies of our TGV (the lastest version of which runs at 320km/h).

Oh, and good shot by the way:)

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
cool picture.
This is probably a dumb question, but I have never been able to figure out how to make part of the picture in color and the rest black and white.

It's very easy just convert your image to B&W and then get the history brush tool (That is if you have Photoshop) and paint over the part you want colorized.

Edit: But do this before you crop or change the size of the image.
Edit #2: Forgot to mention, It has to be a Channel Mixer or Calculations Conversion to B&W.

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
I really like this one.:) Also the first time I've ever seen any color in your pics.

Thank you. I did experiment with a BW conversion, but in this rare case, I liked it better in colour :)

For those who are wondering, this is not a "partial" BW conversion (as was being recently discussed in relation to Crawn2003's photo). The background was mostly bare trees that were turned to monochromatic mush as a result of the shallow DOF. I lightened the dark mushy parts a bit in PP so that it did not overwhelm the main subject.

Besides, I do not want to forget how to shoot colour :) I find after doing lots of BW conversions I start to think in BW when taking the photo (thinking about contrast, lighting, lines, from the point of view of eventual BW conversion). To the extent that many of my photos don't even look good when left in full colour :p

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
After the Rain

LuminousGardenVert.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
Canon A640
2006:10:06 15:04:00
7.3mm
0.0012 s (1/800) @ f/4.0
+1.67 e.v.​

After a night and morning of heavy rain, sunny mists rise above gardens at the foot of a mountain one Sunday afternoon.

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
cool picture.
This is probably a dumb question, but I have never been able to figure out how to make part of the picture in color and the rest black and white.

Good question actually. I had to do it a different way then the way that was discussed. I had to pen tool it, extract it, place it back into the B&W photo, and then use curves mixed with the opacity to get the desired effect and color I wanted in the photo.

*shrugs* It probably isn't my best photo (I'm a commercial photographer), but it's a snapshot photo I took on a day out with my girlfriend. Thanks for the praise though! :)

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
Commercial Photograph

One of my early commercial photographs. Lighting is a bit flat for my taste but it was one of my first on location shots. Sorry about the "watermark" through the middle but this is still a photograph I use for some things and also at that school.

~Crawn2003

Camera: D-70s
Lens: Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 ED (at 70mm for shot)
f/8 @ 1/4
ISO 200
Bogen/Monfroto Tripod and head
Elinchrome 400BX Portable Flash Unit
PocketWizard Radio Slaves w/ Sekonic L-558R Light Meter
PowerBook on location to check composition and lighting
(479 shots taken in 7 different angles)

And last but not least.... One loving girlfriend that put up with me for 7 hours to do this shoot!

Attachments

• _DSC0093 copy 1.jpg
    _DSC0093 copy 1.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 90

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I left you a little comment on flickr Wizredz...

Here's something I took last night:

Please do click on it for a larger version, there's quite a few things happening there!

briwalkr

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2006
Bumpass, Virginia
Ever get the feeling some people just don't like to get their picture taken?

This kid was dancing and playing on the dance floor at my sister-in-laws wedding when she noticed I was taking her picture. :mad:

attachment.php

Body: Canon 20D
Lens: Canon EF-S 17 - 85 f/4.5 - 6 IS USM
ISO: 400
Shutter: 1/320
Aperture: f/10
Exp Bias: 0 ev
Focal Length: 85MM
Post processing: Just shrunk to meet file size requirements

Attachments

• Kid dancing - small.jpg
    Kid dancing - small.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 379
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.